Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:22 PM   #51
conradmaya
macrumors newbie

in guatemala

in guatemala traveling but my account is united states based and yes same problems here, ugh
conradmaya is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:22 PM   #52
JS82712
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugahairydawgs View Post
Maps and this.

Still got 8 to go.
1. non-functional 'purchases' section in app store
2. battery life problems on iPhone 4/4S
3. Wifi glitch that kicked every iOS users out from their wifi
4. Passbook (still cant access the list of passbook apps if you have a pass installed in the app)
5. damaged iPhone 5s out of the box
6. Wifi drop/lag on iPhone 5
7. 'More reviews' button didnt work until 2 days after iOS 6's public release
8. Awful app store layout that lags on every 'old device'

You're welcome, now open your eyes and understand that apple is screwing up big this month.
JS82712 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:23 PM   #53
Nrwrit3r
macrumors 6502a

I wish I had seen this before I spent 30 min looking this problem up lol
Nrwrit3r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:24 PM   #54
Spoony
macrumors regular

This is the worst. Driving me insane.
Spoony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:25 PM   #55
mavis
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to mavis Send a message via MSN to mavis
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPOM View Post
It is in homage to the first such scandal, which brought down a president. I believe it was called "Watergate-gate".
Yeah, I'm old enough to understand the cultural reference; I just don't understand why every little glitch has to be called a "-gate."
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:25 PM   #56
TopB
macrumors member

Wow, this is crazy, Apple get your quality control back on track please. Way too many issues lately. Time for Tim Cook to take charge and chew some butt!
TopB is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:25 PM   #57
dotme
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by oban14 View Post
It serves them right. A pointless novella of unreadable legalese prose, constantly updated and constantly requiring you to "agree" (but not actually read the stupid thing) if you want to just sync your phone or ipod.
Probably Apple attorneys furiously inserting new "don't sue us" clauses into the terms for iOS maps. They're not done tweaking it yet, but once they are, we can all start agreeing and downloading again

dotme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:26 PM   #58
irDigital0l

wtf is going on Apple?
irDigital0l is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:26 PM   #59
moderngamenewb
macrumors 6502

I'm having the same problem too. This bug just seemed to happen randomly, because it didn't happen a few hours ago when I was downloading songs from iTunes match on my phone, and now I tried to download an album,and I got the same message you all are getting. Ugh
moderngamenewb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:27 PM   #60
Sean4123
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS82712 View Post
1. non-functional 'purchases' section in app store
2. battery life problems on iPhone 4/4S
3. Wifi glitch that kicked every iOS users out from their wifi
4. Passbook (still cant access the list of passbook apps if you have a pass installed in the app)
5. damaged iPhone 5s out of the box
6. Wifi drop/lag on iPhone 5
7. 'More reviews' button didnt work until 2 days after iOS 6's public release
8. Awful app store layout that lags on every 'old device'

You're welcome, now open your eyes and understand that apple is screwing up big this month.
Wow....

This guy needs help.
Sean4123 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:27 PM   #61
krish.rdkb
macrumors newbie

I am from India but still it is affecting me
krish.rdkb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:28 PM   #62
BtradI1
macrumors newbie

Time to Read?

Maybe they've changed it so we have to actually read every word.
BtradI1 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:29 PM   #63
APlotdevice
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavis View Post
Yeah, I'm old enough to understand the cultural reference; I just don't understand why every little glitch has to be called a "-gate."
I dunno. Maybe Nixon's ghost haunts Apple headquarters?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:30 PM   #64
Skoal
macrumors 6502

I have the issue as does everyone in the US it appears. Big deal! It'll be fixed in no time. There is no app in the world so important that it can't wait half a day to download.

Last edited by Skoal; Sep 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM.
Skoal is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:30 PM   #65
Sean4123
macrumors 6502

They mess up like every other company. They are under a microscope from anal people like yourself and thats the problem I have.

You are way too worried about what Apple is doing wrong. I have an answer for you if you're so angry about the "8 things apple messed up this month."

Go buy a phone/computer/mp3player from SOMEONE ELSE.

Move on with your life. It's too short to whine and complain about problems the most valuable company in the world is going through.

Apple messed up with Maps and Scuffgate. It sucks, but i'm not going to cry about it.

I'm also not going to die if I can't download any new apps tonight. Everyone else will live too.

Last edited by annk; Oct 1, 2012 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Removed quote of deleted post
Sean4123 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:30 PM   #66
Rodimus Prime
Banned

there is a REASON why you release updates like this during the day and test them first. The main staff that could fix this type of stuff does not tend to work at night and even if they are woken up they are not generally awake enough to do the best work.

If it is a software issue. Sorry but those guys are not on call and all you can do is shoot them an email and wait for them to get in in the morning.
Rodimus Prime is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:31 PM   #67
Spoony
macrumors regular

I m an Amazon prime member but never used their instant video service. Just Figured out how to use it and downloaded a TV show for the first time. Bad move Apple On having your iTunes Store mess up. At least I can watch my show though.
Spoony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:31 PM   #68
wingsfan
macrumors newbie

Ugh ... what happened to Apple's quality control?!?

Same issue here. Apple's missteps of late are discouraging. For this and other reasons I'm telling my friends and family to buy an Android phone this holiday season.
wingsfan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:31 PM   #69
pbush25
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to pbush25 Send a message via Skype™ to pbush25
Is everyone seriously complaining because they can't download an app at 12:30 at night on a Sunday? I mean, honestly, is that all you have to live for, and complaint about how it's awful the one time it doesn't work? What's wrong with people? It's just kind of sad... Yes. I have the issue. And yes, actually, I'm an Apple fanboy. But I don't consider this a "screw up". Servers go down. It happens. They need maintainence too, you know. Which they probably do at midnights on Sundays so that people aren't affected by the issue. But if THIS is all you have to complain about, you need a reality check.
pbush25 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:31 PM   #70
carloslegarda
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavis View Post
Why does everything have to be a "-gate?"
Because of Bill Gates?

But seriously... I think it stems from Antenna-gate which I think was named the Watergate Scandal which was an attempt to cover up a break-in. Because Apple attempted to cover up the flaw of the iPhone 4 antenna it was named Antenna-gate.

Now, whenever Apple does something that to critic's eyes seems flawed, they just add a -gate at the end.
carloslegarda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:31 PM   #71
Rodimus Prime
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean4123 View Post
They mess up like every other company. They are under a microscope from anal people like yourself and thats the problem I have.

You are way too worried about what Apple is doing wrong. I have an answer for you if you're so angry about the "8 things apple messed up this month."

Move on with your life. It's too short to whine and complain about problems the most valuable company in the world is going through.

Apple messed up with Maps and Scuffgate. It sucks, but i'm not going to cry about it.

I'm also not going to die if I can't download any new apps tonight. Everyone else will live too.
A issue here and there are one thing but this is just yet another problem in a short time span that is pretty big.

Also the best staff to fix the problem would be asleep and NOT ON CALL.

Last edited by annk; Oct 1, 2012 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Clean-up in quoted post
Rodimus Prime is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:32 PM   #72
Dionte
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to Dionte
Ok it's not just me, icloud has also been extended to 9/30/50, woo hoo.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:32 PM   #73
JS82712
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean4123 View Post

all the glitches associated with the app store this month isn't enough of an indication that apple needs to fire the dude in charge of these things?

Believe it or not, the app store still crashes on my iPhone 5 from time to time; and no, this never happened on previous iOS app stores.

Last edited by annk; Oct 1, 2012 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Clean-up in quoted post
JS82712 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:32 PM   #74
Luckybobby
macrumors regular

This happens to me so much, now it is happening to everyone AHAHA!!!
Luckybobby is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:33 PM   #75
kslingo
macrumors newbie

Interesting, if you go to the last page, it says the last time the terms and conditions were updated was October 11, 2011.

It's gotta be a bug
kslingo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion