Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Users are reporting that a widespread issue with Apple's App Store is preventing new purchases from being made. When users attempt to make a purchase or redownload a previous purchase, they are asked to agree to updated Terms & Conditions.

When they accept, they are then asked to agree to them again and again. As a result, new purchases and downloads from iTunes in the Cloud cannot be made. The issue appears to be affecting all purchases from the App Store and iTunes store on both iOS and the Mac, as well as the Mac App Store and iTunes Match. It's also affecting the viewing of purchased items on the Apple TV.

appstoretandc.jpg

We've reached out to Apple for comment, but until the issue is resolved many iOS users will be unable to purchase apps or media content.

Update: Commenters are reporting that the issue is not affecting international accounts. Users have successfully downloaded apps with Singapore, Hong Kong and New Zealand-based accounts.

Update: The issue appears to be fixed.

Article Link: Widespread iTunes and App Store Terms and Conditions Bug Preventing New Purchases and Downloads [Update: Resolved]

jediobiwan

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Users are reporting that a widespread issue with Apple's App Store is preventing new purchases from being made. When users attempt to make a purchase or redownload a previous purchased, they are asked to agree to updated Terms & Conditions.

When they accept, they are then asked to agree to them again and again. As a result, new purchases and downloads from iTunes in the Cloud cannot be made. The issue appears to be affecting all purchases from both the App Store and iTunes store, on both iOS and iTunes on the Mac.

We've reached out to Apple for comment, but until the issue is resolved many iOS users will be unable to purchase new apps or media content.

Article Link: Widespread iTunes and App Store Terms and Conditions Bug Preventing New Purchases and Downloads

Nothing says fun like trying to buy stuff and being stuck in an endless TOS loop.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
Hey apple, first you introduce a hideous interface to your app store, and now you plague it with server issues. :rolleyes:
Android/ winPhone is look a lot more attractive now.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
I just downloaded several apps from the Hong Kong App Store and it was completed successfully :)

dweezle3

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
Earth
They changed again? I bet Apple finally added that "you agree to donate your soul to us" clause in there somewhere....

Tec972

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2010
OMG.. This is really pissing me off. Not to mention their 42 page terms and agreement policy that renders everything you own useless unless you agree to it.

Hope they lose millions in lost purchases

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
I thought my iphone was screwed up lol...I was agreeing to the TOS for a good 5 minutes :eek:

Newton70

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2011
Yup, same problem here. Hopefully, it'll be resolved soon and not get blown out of proportions by the media.

JJBro1

macrumors regular
May 17, 2009
wow I was literally using itunes match not too long ago and I'm stuck in this loop and can't listen to any of my music!

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
OMG.. This is really pissing me off. Not to mention their 42 page terms and agreement policy that renders everything you own useless unless you agree to it.

Hope they lose millions in lost purchases

Looks like the taller screen of the 5 came in handy. The TOS is 65 pages on my 4. :p Saved you a couple of pages!

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Ahhh no wonder. I've been trying to update my apps and been clicking "agree" on the terms and conditions.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
I'm sure there will be endless hand wringing and gnashing of teeth over this on here. Bet some will even talk about switching to Android over it.

"I can't download my app!! Completely unacceptable!! Steve would have never stood for this!!"

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Why does everything have to be a "-gate?"

Agreed. As if Apple is the only company to ever suffer a server overload. In the past 7 days, at least 4 major US banks have been attacked in DoS attacks believed to originate from overseas. Perhaps this is something similar.

I have an idea. Why don't we wait a few hours to see what's happening first, rather than declare this the end of Apple. OK?

kdarling

macrumors P6

And we all know what happened on South Park when Kyle didn't read everything he agreed to let Apple do to him!

Heh heh.

Seriously, I hate those updated TOS screens. I can't tell you how many times I've just given up in the past downloading and/or buying something, just because I got stuck there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.