Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sfusco12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Hi - has anyone had an issue with Youtube videos being blurry/pixelated on iPhone 5?

Tried playing the exact same video on Droid RAZR, GS3, and iPhone 5. The video was crystal clear and in HD on Droid RAZR & GS3 but the iPhone 5 looked terrible. Anyone know why?

Thanks!

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2010
Hi - has anyone had an issue with Youtube videos being blurry/pixelated on iPhone 5?

Tried playing the exact same video on Droid RAZR, GS3, and iPhone 5. The video was crystal clear and in HD on Droid RAZR & GS3 but the iPhone 5 looked terrible. Anyone know why?

Thanks!

Download the app called Jasmine. It will let you play youtube videos @ 1080p.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
The iPhone 5 doesn't come with a youtube app. Which one are you using? Download the new one. Works fine.

sfusco12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
The iPhone 5 doesn't come with a youtube app. Which one are you using? Download the new one. Works fine.

I downloaded the new app and it doesn't give you the option to view in HQ.

:)I figured out if you go to youtube thru safari and then you add it to home screen, it creates the Youtube Icon and you can now choose the HQ option and view it clearly.

Last edited:

GenderFi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
I downloaded the new app and it doesn't give you the option to view in HQ.

:)I figured out if you go to youtube thru safari and then you add it to home screen, it creates the Youtube Icon and you can now chose the HQ option and view it clearly.

Sweet thanks! I've been trying to figure out a workaround for that! I hate not having the ability to watch youtube video at HQ, especially with LTE.

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2008
For some reason the new YouTube app doesn't display HQ video over LTE. This is very annoying and you would think Google would have it ready for the new iPhone....waiting on the update to fix this and fill the entire display

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.