Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Philalbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Greater Boston Area
Strange...the Online Apple Store is now giving the option to "Buy Now" instead of "Pre-Order" regarding the new iPod Touch (as to be expected as this is now October), but still no ship date.

Last edited:

shoes222

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
I think Apple will slowly start shipping out preorders soon, before they update the shipping estimate for new orders.

trundley

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
Still showing pre-order in the UK store. My order summary says "processing order" still as well.

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
The only fly in the ointment for me getting thoroughly excited is the point someone brought up about iTunes not being able to support the new iPod Touch until an update which is scheduled to roll out until the 19th(?) of this month.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if it were released today and could live without iTunes support since I live off of the cloud now.

Also, anyone else love this period right before the launch of anything? I think the anticipation of something forthcoming is exciting. Maybe I'm just sick... :p

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
Mine says still processing as well... didn't even stop to think about iTunes. Hmm... Would apple hold of shipping these bad boys until iTunes is released. I am buying these for my kids and was more anxious to get them but if the shipment is delayed until the Middle of October, these may just turn into Christmas Gifts.

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
If they released the iPod touch now they should only have to push out a 10.7.x update to enable the iPod to sync.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Mine says still processing as well... didn't even stop to think about iTunes. Hmm... Would apple hold of shipping these bad boys until iTunes is released. I am buying these for my kids and was more anxious to get them but if the shipment is delayed until the Middle of October, these may just turn into Christmas Gifts.

i just noticed this earlier today from the letter that Tim Cook wrote to his fellow employees, take a look at the highlighted part...pretty clear from that that the iPod Touch won't ship for another week or so....

Attachments

• tim cook letter.JPG
    tim cook letter.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 296

Rad-o

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
i just noticed this earlier today from the letter that Tim Cook wrote to his fellow employees, take a look at the highlighted part...pretty clear from that that the iPod Touch won't ship for another week or so....

End of this week or next week , maybe :D

jimmirehman

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2012
wait a minute... something that was going to be released in October that was a pre-order can now be purchased in October!?!?!? Holy #%& Thats AMAZING!

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
wait a minute... something that was going to be released in October that was a pre-order can now be purchased in October!?!?!? Holy #%& Thats AMAZING!

Thing is, October is 31 days long - kind of a large delivery window.

trundley

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
iTunes store in the UK is "buy now" instead of "pre-order" but my order summary still says "processing items" and still says "dispatch: October". No date.

windowpain

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Japan
Before I saw this thread, I saw that the Japanese store also lists it as 'buy now' ..I got all prematurely excited ;) only to find it is still shipping (sometime) in October. :(

Wish they would hurry up and release the thing.. I want my new toy now!!

LinusR

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
Why should Apple change the buttons' titles to "Buy now", though the product isn't available yet? I don't get that.

rorpor

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2012
Release Date

As to when it comes out I think the 12th because all other posts have been 1st or 2nd week and also they released the iPhone 5 on that date to?

LinusR

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
As to when it comes out I think the 12th because all other posts have been 1st or 2nd week and also they released the iPhone 5 on that date to?

Yes, and the last iPod touch (4th generation, white-Edition) has been released on 12th October in 2011. This might be a hint.

jimmirehman

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2012
Judging by your sarcasm, you missed the part of my post where I said "as to be expected" ;)

Yeah i was just messing around. I have my ipod Touch pre-ordered through Amazon and will be placing an order for 2 iPod Nanos, hopefully this week.

rorpor

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2012
Yes, and the last iPod touch (4th generation, white-Edition) has been released on 12th October in 2011. This might be a hint.

Yes but I am not sure lets just hope so because I can't wait much longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.