Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Hey guys, my new iPhone 5 just came in the mail today and it's running very laggy. At times, there's no response at all to my touch. Also when I'm switching between icon screens, it'll just freeze up. Will a reset help this, or do I have a faulty iPhone?

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2008
Try a fresh restore. Did you restore from a backup at all? It shouldn't have any lag at all, mine is super speedy and responsive.

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
Hey guys, my new iPhone 5 just came in the mail today and it's running very laggy. At times, there's no response at all to my touch. Also when I'm switching between icon screens, it'll just freeze up. Will a reset help this, or do I have a faulty iPhone?

I would first try to reset it using the home button and sleep button. If that does not work I would do a full restore start as new. If that does not work return it you have a faulty phone. Good Luck!!

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas

Hmmm . . . This is the first that I have heard of this. How did you initially set it up. I would have the Apple store take a look at it.

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Well I reset it twice (home button and power button held down) and it appears to be working now. I'll update this thread if it starts acting up again.

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
Glad the reset fixed it...thats definitely not normal, the phone is zippy as can be!

Joewat64

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
TX

You better get a GS3

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Well looks like I have to make a trip to Apple. The problem came back and now it's even worse. Will they swap it out even if I ordered online from them? Oh and funny thing is, it was cosmetically perfect. Not a scratch on it :(

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Another question. My store has been sold out. Do they have special stock for replacements? I'll be very upset if I'm stuck with a broken phone because they can't swap it out. :cool:

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Unresponsive and laggy are the LAST words I would use to describe i5.

It's the exact opposite of those.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
I've been through two IP5 now and am certain that they are just low quality...My 4s was so much better! The screen is too dim to see and the colors look awful. I was running in the desert the other day and couldn't see my iMessages. Also, the lag in scrolling or moving from one home screen to the next is distracting! I'm so considering the gs3 because my 4s seems dated now. It looks so much like my 1st gen iPod touch.

Yeah..

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
Another question. My store has been sold out. Do they have special stock for replacements? I'll be very upset if I'm stuck with a broken phone because they can't swap it out. :cool:

They have them in the white boxes that they store behind the counter. These units only have the phone (no accessories. They also do not have a SIM card.

If you swap, be sure to ask the worker to take the SIM card out first. The guy that swapped mine forgot but I remembered to ask him to do it. He had the "oh crap" look on his face and immediately said, "Thanks for reminding me."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.