Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DCSMAC

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2005
Dont get me wrong...I love my iBook 12", but here are some things that do bother me. Anybody have any ideas on fixing them...

1. Battery isn't flush with bottom of computer under the screen opening buttton.

2. Lots of software bugs, quiting programs-(AIM and Safari mostly)

3. Seeing the beachball way to much...every few seconds even when im just typing in word.

4. Space bar not spacing when you push it 1 out of 20 times is starting to piss me off.

Any suggestions...

polythene pam

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2005
Florida
I have the same complaint about the battery not being flush!!! I took my ibook to the apple store and looked at the display laptops, and half of them have the same problem. I told them that one of the selling points of the ibook was that there were no protruding parts that would snatch, and he just looked at his collegue with a "can you believe this girl?" expression on his face.

The only app that consistently shuts down in MSN messenger, and I haven't had the spacebar problem either. Maybe you should get that checked.

Other than that I love my iBook and am having fun learning all the little things I can customize.

martin1000

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2005
Washington, D.C.
I've had my new ibook for around a month. same thing with my battery.

As for the space bar, same thing here. there is actually a thread on it and is happening to many people. one guy on the thread was able to flatten out some internal wires if i'm not mistaken.

i haven't had any issues with programs shutting down. have only crapped out once or twice. you might want to up your memory. I've got 1g

goodtimes5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2004
Bay Area
I've just grown to accept the battery issue. It's only a couple of millimeters anyways. The AIM issue was persistent no matter what I did, so I just switched chat clients. No issue with the spacebar! :)

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Seems odd you are having so much trouble with the software such as safari and AIM, try alternatives like;

Camino instead of Safari http://www.caminobrowser.org
and
Adium instead of AIM http://www.adiumx.com

maybe you should consider some more RAM as this will surely solve your beachballing problem,saying this 512mb should be enough to avoid beachballs....

The beachballs can partly be credited to the laptops slow hard drive which will most likely cause this is all laptops as there drives are not as quick as there 3.5" counterparts....

Anyway hope you enjoy the iBook im sure it will all work out,

SHadOW

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
Replace AIM with Adium, that may do the trick. As for software problems not much you can do except wait for patches.

You could consider upgrading your RAM to help with the beachball.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.