Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 1, 2012, 07:14 PM   #1
KansasJayhawk
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 mail keeps asking me for my iCloud password

Ever since I've put all of my necessary email accounts (2 gmail, 1 exchange, and my iCloud address) on my iPhone 5, it continuously ask for my iCloud password every time I open the mail app. Even if I enter my password, it will continue to ask for it. I've tried signing out and deleting my accounts and putting them back on.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
KansasJayhawk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 07:16 PM   #2
MacDawg
macrumors P6

Have you put in the password under Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> YourAccount?

If you keep entering it when you open mail, it apparently doesn't save it
I believe you have to put it in under the Settings
MacDawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 07:20 PM   #3
KansasJayhawk
macrumors newbie

Yes,

I just re-entered my password just in case but it still pops up with my password missing.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 07:32 PM   #4
lelisa13p
macrumors 68000

If you don't want to use iCloud for emails, go to Settings > iCloud and toggle the Mail setting to OFF.

Please post if this fixes it.
lelisa13p is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 07:55 PM   #5
KansasJayhawk
macrumors newbie

I do happen to use my @me.com address for some emails. Turning it off did stop the problem, but I would prefer it on. I did find out when I turned it on it lists 2 iCloud account under my email accounts. Maybe that's a problem.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 08:04 PM   #6
lelisa13p
macrumors 68000

Since I don't use iCloud for anything but Find My iPhone, you'll need expertise for this from someone else.
lelisa13p is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 08:08 PM   #7
BasicGreatGuy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasJayhawk View Post
Ever since I've put all of my necessary email accounts (2 gmail, 1 exchange, and my iCloud address) on my iPhone 5, it continuously ask for my iCloud password every time I open the mail app. Even if I enter my password, it will continue to ask for it. I've tried signing out and deleting my accounts and putting them back on.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
I had that problem recently, when I restored my 4s. It was very annoying. If I am not mistaken, I had created a different password with my @me account. After I changed the password to match my main account, the password was finally accepted. I don't remember having that problem before when I did a restore, but for whatever reason, this last time didn't go smoothly.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone