Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KansasJayhawk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Ever since I've put all of my necessary email accounts (2 gmail, 1 exchange, and my iCloud address) on my iPhone 5, it continuously ask for my iCloud password every time I open the mail app. Even if I enter my password, it will continue to ask for it. I've tried signing out and deleting my accounts and putting them back on.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Have you put in the password under Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> YourAccount?

If you keep entering it when you open mail, it apparently doesn't save it
I believe you have to put it in under the Settings

KansasJayhawk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Yes,

I just re-entered my password just in case but it still pops up with my password missing.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
If you don't want to use iCloud for emails, go to Settings > iCloud and toggle the Mail setting to OFF.

Please post if this fixes it. :)

KansasJayhawk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
I do happen to use my @me.com address for some emails. Turning it off did stop the problem, but I would prefer it on. I did find out when I turned it on it lists 2 iCloud account under my email accounts. Maybe that's a problem.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Ever since I've put all of my necessary email accounts (2 gmail, 1 exchange, and my iCloud address) on my iPhone 5, it continuously ask for my iCloud password every time I open the mail app. Even if I enter my password, it will continue to ask for it. I've tried signing out and deleting my accounts and putting them back on.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I had that problem recently, when I restored my 4s. It was very annoying. If I am not mistaken, I had created a different password with my @me account. After I changed the password to match my main account, the password was finally accepted. I don't remember having that problem before when I did a restore, but for whatever reason, this last time didn't go smoothly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.