Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 1, 2012, 08:41 PM   #1
ace198
macrumors regular

Verizon: Transfer Upgrade to Keep Unlimited Data on Family Share Plan

Hey, my upgrade is coming up on October 7th. I'm on a family plan with my mother and brother right now. My brother and I have unlimited data. My mom has the 4 GB data plan from the double data promotion. I was wondering if I could transfer my upgrade to her line and buy the iphone 5. Activate on the line and deactivate. Then activate on my line to keep my unlimited data.

Thanks,
Eric
Macbook 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
ace198 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 08:53 PM   #2
iphone4all
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace198 View Post
Hey, my upgrade is coming up on October 7th. I'm on a family plan with my mother and brother right now. My brother and I have unlimited data. My mom has the 4 GB data plan from the double data promotion. I was wondering if I could transfer my upgrade to her line and buy the iphone 5. Activate on the line and deactivate. Then activate on my line to keep my unlimited data.

Thanks,
Eric
Yes, you should be able to do that.

see my post in this thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...439872&page=35

similar plan but the upgrade already exist on the 'other line'
hope this it helps out.
iphone4all is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 09:19 PM   #3
boomhower
macrumors 65816

Technically no, but some have had success in doing it. Supposedly if you use the upgrade on your unlimited line you will love the unlimited. Whether you directly upgrade it or transfer, you lose the unlimited. That said, some have did the transfer and their unlimited has stuck so far. If it's worth the risk go for it. Just be aware they chances of them restoring it if you lose it aren't good.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 09:44 PM   #4
pyroza
macrumors regular

What you have to do is upgrade your mom's line directly - transferring the upgrade or upgrading your line will cause you to lose unlimited. However if you upgrade your mom's line then switch devices, you can keep unlimited data.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone