Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djavs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
ok, so i've only had the macbook pro retina (full loaded)for 3/4weeks and i reboot the machine pow the machine doesn't switch on...hmm strange
i press the power button again and manage o get in a few times but keeps getting your mac book has crashed bladaaa bladaa

call apple support he tells m to go into safe mode pow scan the ssd and it comes up with red writing in disk utility great looks like the pile of rubbish has failed

how could this be its brand new??? and ks their anyway i can recover my ssd

will apple replace it quickly or do you think the genius bar is going to take the mick

by the way spoke to supervisor in apple from ireland it was soo poor the customer service guy started having a pop about how i talk and how i talk like that at home i mean come on. i want my mac fixed why you giving me grief.

£3,200....what a waste hey

derbothaus

macrumors 601
Jul 17, 2010
how could this be its brand new???

Um... Odds. 1 in 10,000 could have faulty NAND. I mean fault tolerance is good these days but it isn't perfect. Ever buy a CD that was scratched? Take it back. Get a new one. This is what warranty is for.:cool:

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
There's always a certain amount of machines that will have problems early on. It's not something that's unique to Apple.

Not sure if there's any way to recover the data from your SSD, but my thought would be no. It sucks, but take this as a reminder to ALWAYS back up your data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.