Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida
I saw a few posts on battery life on the iPhone 5, my question is how do you measure battery life accurately? the battery will obviously decrease when running different apps/browsing/checking email so it's forever changing, I've used my iPhone today for about an Hour listening to heart radio and every 2-3 minutes I notice 1% decrease, same when playing music, checking email, those apps are off , just normal use it doesn't decrease as much, I think it's a bit crazy to expect your phone to last 8hrs plus if you are doing any of the above off and on....

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
iOS does not really have any in depth battery usage analysis like on Android.

So there's no real way to accurately measure your battery life. But you can get a good idea by keeping in mind what your usages were. Obviously playing music will have less impact on battery life than gaming for example.

An average battery life should be 6-7 hours. More if you played music. Less if you did browsing on 3G/LTE, less if you did gaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.