Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NikiPod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
London, England
I posted this in the macbook pro forum but i think it fits better here-

I'm looking to update my 2012 Macbook 13" to an SSD drive but I don't know what I'm looking for in HDD enclosures for the internal HDD once I've taken that out of the macbook...

Could anyone recommend some? I would like to match the macbook's aesthetic but i'm not overly worried about that.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I posted this in the macbook pro forum but i think it fits better here-

I'm looking to update my 2012 Macbook 13" to an SSD drive but I don't know what I'm looking for in HDD enclosures for the internal HDD once I've taken that out of the macbook...

Could anyone recommend some? I would like to match the macbook's aesthetic but i'm not overly worried about that.

Any good USB 3 would do, try ebay Uk, and they are cheap.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"I'm looking for in HDD enclosures for the internal HDD once I've taken that out of the macbook..."

Also worth considering is something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=usb+sata+dock&x=0&y=0
(many items shown, they all work the same, just pick one you like that's cheap).

USB3 versions are available, too.

You can boot from these, as well.

Very handy item to have around, especially if you come into another "bare" drive or two...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.