Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
I know it's probably way too soon, but has anyone seen dust plugs for the new lightning dock connecter? Like these for the old 30-pin dock.

I've grown so accustomed to using these on my iphone 4, I really want something similar for my iphone 5.

kidelnino

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2011
Switcheasy

You guys should buy Switcheasy products, they include the ports protected caps :)

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
**Edit: ^beat me to it.

I assume they'll be out soon. As of right now, I've only seen the caps that come with the Switch Easy Tones cases.

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
they wouldnt happen to sell these caps individually would they?

avezunchik

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
do you think these micro usb caps would fit our lightning docks?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Lot-of-...365490?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item1e707e9fb2

I got the same idea, I did try micro usb plug and it fits OK. The only issue that the plug is very small and easily can be lost. For iphone 4 after loosing many plugs, I found IMHO a very easy and elegant solution. I cut plug from the cable ( it was very cheap) and used this as the dust protector. Since I am using lanyard, I just tied this plug to with a small ring.
I want to replicate this idea for iPhone 5, when the cables will be cheap enough.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,507

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I have these on my 4S because they came with my switcheasy colors case.

Seriously, I love them. Not only does it seal better in case of any water or moisture, but it also keeps the ports super clean. Dont think I'll ever go without them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.