Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VanHalen1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
I used the RD connection client flawlessly in the Lion OS but when I upgraded to Mountain Lion it failed to work anymore. I am getting a "The Mac cannot connect to the windows based computer" error message. This happens about 95% of the time. The other 5% I am able to connect and I can see my remote PC but only for a second before I get disconnected. I have the latest version of Remote Desktop for Mac (2.1.1 (110309)). Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem?

VanHalen1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
I've ruled out anything on the PC at work that I am trying to connect to. I also ruled out the Citrix secure access client as I was able to connect from another Mac with the previous OS installed. Anyone else having issues with remote access? This is very important as I need to connect for work and I LOVE my mac.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I use it pretty heavily with only 1 problem after moving to ML. I connect to a number of machines and it works the same as before but when connecting to "my" login machine where I do an AUTOLOGIN the Connecting Window does not close and I have to hide it. But the other machines where I login I do not have this problem. I am considering forcing myself to login to my machine. But was hoping MS would put out a fix.

I am also trying a new program called Jump Desktop because I am now adding Mac Mini's to the office. Jump allows you to connect to either Windows or Mac. The only problem with it is that it has a BUG related to using CAPS LOCK on a Windows Machine. They are aware of the problem and will fix with a future build (not sure when that will be).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.