Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wkufan92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
Ok, I am new to the Apple World and so far I love it but I can't figure something out.

When I try and listen to the "Music" app via blue tooth in my Prius, I can only adjust the volume with the Iphone.

Why can't I adjust the volume with the volume knob in the car?

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
My system has a navigation and touch screen. I believe I can control the volume of the radio but not the volume of the ipad.
I know I can pause the video and such.

Does that make sense to you?

wkufan92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
I Phone Question

No, it doesnt' make sense but I am going to try using the AUX cable. I am thinking that will work but I would think I should be able to control the volume without touching the Iphone.

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
You have two volumes.
One on the iphone and one on the stereo.
You have to set the volume on the iphone separate from the volume on the stereo. If the volume on the iphone = 0 then even if your stereo is full it wont produce any sound.

I'll try it tonight and see if I can turn up the volume on the iPhone with the stereo volume controls. I'll let you know.

wkufan92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
More information

Maybe this will help everyone understand my issue.

Scenario 1 - I Phone 5 connected using Bluetooth. I am playing on I Phone with the Music App. Volume on I Phone 5 is all the way up. If I turn volume on car stereo up or down, the volume does not change. The volume only changes my turning the volume up and down on my I phone.

Scenario 2 - I Phone 5 connected using AUX Cable. I can adjust the volume by car stereo!!

Why can't I adjust volume with car stereo volume when phone is connected with bluetooth?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.