Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tylerjamison

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Hi there,

I use a HengeDock with my 15" Mid-2009 MacBook Pro. I have a USB Hub that plugs into my MB so that I can utilize more ports. One of these ports has my external PAAD Cubik speakers plugged into it. I have used this setup fine for months ow with no problems. Today, I rearranged my room and moved my desk and all of my electronics. I plugged everything back in and it all worked fine; or so it seemed. I noticed that the system sounds do not play through my external speakers when my MB is docked. iTunes music, FaceTime calls, and even the volume adjustment tones all play though the external speakers when docked, but system sounds like a new notification or dumping something in the trash bin do not come with any sound. I restarted my MB. Did not work. I undocked it and tested the sound. The sound did work for everything when it was undocked. I then reset the PRAM and tried it again. Undocked- works fine. Docked- still the same problem. I have gone through all the settings and everything appears normal, or how I had it.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.