Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Two months, eh? That will be plenty of time for me to learn the Rite of AshkEnte. I'll keep the 4th horseman occupied with a game of chess, thus preventing the Apocalypse from happening on schedule. I also want to learn HOW TO SPEAK LIKE THIS.

Y'all can thank me on December 13th. Unless the end of the world is scheduled for the 22nd.:p

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
I'm trying to finish building my rocket. It's a tight deadline.

rocket.jpg

Last edited:

SVT Amateur

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2006
Tyler, Texas
The funny thing is that when the date passes and nothing happens there will be people out there going "oh wait, we calculated something wrong, it will be next year instead."

saotomefirst

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Hoping it is true.

People are already talking about a new date - predicted by some guy (forgot his name, damm...) who interpreted the 'one time, two times and half time' passage on the catholic Bible. According to his theory, World ends in 2050+...

And BTW they already found a Mayan calendar with more ages on it, so it's obvious that this date was not the end for them... Too bad indeed :(

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
Are we referring to the Mayan Long count? If so the world doesn't actually end but just restarts. If that does end up creating the end of the world as we know it. I have enough food for 10 days and water for probably just as much. I know my area and can travel on foot or car depending on the resources around. Bad news is I live near the beach so the impending tidal wave would probably instant kill me.

saotomefirst

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Are we referring to the Mayan Long count? If so the world doesn't actually end but just restarts. If that does end up creating the end of the world as we know it. I have enough food for 10 days and water for probably just as much. I know my area and can travel on foot or car depending on the resources around. Bad news is I live near the beach so the impending tidal wave would probably instant kill me.

Lol yeah like the world will end like in the movie '2012'...

Well, in a sense, the world has ended already. Just think of the world 30 years ago: Soviet Union, Berlin Wall, building-sized computers, China: a country lost somewhere near the Phillipines - lol. How do the people who lived in that world feel today? Misplaced at the very least.

And today we have: iDevices, BRICSs, etc. Not to mention that, just by chance, we are living the worse economic crisis EVER - ok, not as dramatic as the 29's, but in terms of losses is much bigger and wider...

Now, as for catastrophes, remember: by far, the worse-case scenario is you have an escape ticket and others knowing it! Like rats in a sinking boat they'll do whatever it takes to survive, including taking away everything you have. So do one of 2 things: either don't let anyone know your plan or plan in a way you can defend yourself against raiders. Just a tip ;)

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
Lol yeah like the world will end like in the movie '2012'...

Well, in a sense, the world has ended already. Just think of the world 30 years ago: Soviet Union, Berlin Wall, building-sized computers, China: a country lost somewhere near the Phillipines - lol. How do the people who lived in that world feel today? Misplaced at the very least.

And today we have: iDevices, BRICSs, etc. Not to mention that, just by chance, we are living the worse economic crisis EVER - ok, not as dramatic as the 29's, but in terms of losses is much bigger and wider...

Now, as for catastrophes, remember: by far, the worse-case scenario is you have an escape ticket and others knowing it! Like rats in a sinking boat they'll do whatever it takes to survive, including taking away everything you have. So do one of 2 things: either don't let anyone know your plan or plan in a way you can defend yourself against raiders. Just a tip ;)

I don't know. I guess i didn't consider these kind of changes as an "end." I meant more along the lines of everything changing instantly in relation to food, personal security, and future.

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
I have about 10 35 packs of water in my garage.

Plan on watching the Nationals win the World Series.

I really don't care if it happens, my first 26 years have been great, I can't imagine it getting any better. I'd be fine going out on top.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
My Mayan friend from Belize says the long calendar simply starts over on December 22... It's a circular calendar. The only thing that ends is the 5th Cycle. 1st Cycle starts over again...

"White men are so stupid."

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England

I lived in "that world" and I don't feel misplaced. :p

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I'm spending all the money I have saved. I'm cashing in all my investments. I'm severing all connections with everyone I know (both of them).

Ummm...have I perhaps made a mistake!:confused::eek:

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
:eek: is that the reason why Apple gave us another free year of storage in iCloud ? They didn't bothered anymore to collect the pile of money for it. And the iPad Mini will be a freebie for all iPad owner, too. :cool:
:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.