Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IchBinAusMunich

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
I develop the app for iPad where I use a splitViewController.
The structure is: a splitViewController connects master as a master via a default NavigationController. Then, I have a segue from master1 to master2 and it works fine.
When I segue, on top I can see a back button. But I have to implement this "go back" functionality programmatically. And here is a problem.
I tried several options ,mostly using
Code:
[[presentingViewController dismissModalViewController]
or
Code:
sptliViewController viewController] objectatindex 0] dismissModalVC
and nothing happens.
The first line of code perfectly works on iPhone app but not in iPad
I would appreciate a lot if somebody could assist me in resolving this issue.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I develop the app for iPad where I use a splitViewController.
Alright, following you so far.

The structure is: a splitViewController connects master as a master via a default NavigationController.
And now I'm confused. "Master as a master"? What do you mean by that? Do you mean that your left-hand side view, normally referred to as the master in a split view, is presented within a navigationController?

Then, I have a segue from master1 to master2 and it works fine.
Great. So you're saying that there's a push segue from one view (master1) to another view (master2), all within the left-side of the split view?

When I segue, on top I can see a back button. But I have to implement this "go back" functionality programmatically.
Why do you feel you need to implement the "go back" functionality? As part of a navigationController, it should automatically be handled for you.

The first line of code perfectly works on iPhone app but not in iPad
UISplitViewControllers don't work on the iPhone not I'm not sure why you would even be testing your app on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.