Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlyp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
Paris, France
Hi,

I recently switched from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion (I had to cause I use a software that no longer supports SL) and, unfortunately, my flashed Radeon 4870HD became useless: QE disabled and only 1 monitor supported. I had to replug my NVidia 8800GT back so I could continue to work.

I've searched on different places for a 10.8.2 compatible driver, tried the one on http://exoticpatch.eu.ki but no change at all! I also tried Zeus but 10.8 isn't supported yet.

My Mac is a 3,1 running 10.8.2 and the card is a 1 GB 4870HD XFX ZWFL (I know, not the best choice, but I didn't know that when I bought it years ago and, anyway, it worked perfectly well up to 10.6.7, QE AND dual displays).

Can someone (Netkas?) please tell me if there is a solution to my problem or if I'm stuck with the NVidia card that came with the Mac? I can't afford buying a new card at the moment so this is not an option.

Thank you.
Ch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.