Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katai

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
I looked at power support Facebook page and they'll have screen protectors and cases later this month.

solace

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
wow... the smoke/clear one looks amazing.

this very well may the case I end up using once it's out in the US :D

for now i'm gonna ditch this generic snap together $6 one from Amazon (served me well the last 2 weeks tho) for a Poetic Atmosphere i think

oplix

Suspended
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
You can tell there was actual engineering that went into these products. All of them look fantastic and I can't wait to get the white one.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
That looks great, but I wonder how much impact protection it will have.

Plus, I want one with gray/black sides and clear back, the looks will be preserved and enhanced.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
absolutely beautiful, exactly what i have been looking for.

can anyone confirm when this is available for US/UK?

solyd

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
I used Power Support's screen protectors (front & black) as well as their Air Jacket on my 4S and loved it. Emailed them last week about their accessories and this is the response I got:

Thank you for your email inquiry. Power Support USA will be providing protection films for the iPhone 5. However, due to the overwhelming demand and an unexpected manufacturing delay, we are expecting both our Crystal and Anti-Glare films to be available mid-late October (tentatively). Air Jackets will soon follow in November and availability at Apple retail stores will vary upon each location. If you're looking for immediate protection, our sister company, TruProtection, is currently taking pre-orders for both Anti-Glare and Crystal film, which will be available for purchase starting in early October. These films offer the same quality and protection as Power Support; however, the films will have a general cutout and is packaged in the US. At this time, both websites are only offering film sets fro the front of the phone. We have informed management about requests from customers on making a back film and it is being considered.

I'd assume this is it, looks amazing.

solace

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
actually considering the black one over the smoke one... it seems like it has a matte finish, which is preferable.

translating that page to English, it says the white + black are "rubber", but i'm guessing it just means a soft touch matte finish...

Dyspareunia

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Southern California
I've had their Air Jacket for my 4 and 4S. I really love them, after I picked one up after my ScratchEasy version, which looks similar, performed horribly with regards to scratch resistance. I was hoping they'd have an iPhone 5 compatible one sooner, but I guess November it is...:(

DesertSilver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
Portland, OR
+1 for Power Support!! Love their products. Hope this gets released in US soon because I'm getting this for sure. Are you listening, Power Support! :)

BiscottiGelato

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
I can read some Japanese. And yes, the page title says 'Air Jacket Set for iPhone 5' (エアー - Air, ジャケット - Jacket, ®セット - Set)

This looks a lil thick, but otherwise the best for sure, since it covers the bottom. I don't know how I can wait till November tho... iPhone 5 have been just a waiting game..... Accessories, iOS bug fix updates (none still after 3 weeks?), App update to iOS6 compatibility and iPhone 5 screen size optimization, waiting, waiting, waiting...

----------

At the bottom I think they are saying that this thing will go for sale Oct 17th. So it's not like it's for sale yet in Japan.

solace

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
I can read some Japanese. And yes, the page title says 'Air Jacket Set for iPhone 5' (エアー - Air, ジャケット - Jacket, ®セット - Set)

This looks a lil thick, but otherwise the best for sure, since it covers the bottom. I don't know how I can wait till November tho... iPhone 5 have been just a waiting game..... Accessories, iOS bug fix updates (none still after 3 weeks?), App update to iOS6 compatibility and iPhone 5 screen size optimization, waiting, waiting, waiting...

----------

At the bottom I think they are saying that this thing will go for sale Oct 17th. So it's not like it's for sale yet in Japan.

does this actually translate to White Rubber like Google Translate says?

ラバーホワイ

DesertSilver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
Portland, OR
I emailed Power Support USA about cases and they sent the following reply.

Power Support USA will be providing protection films for the iPhone 5. However, due to the overwhelming demand and unexpected manufacturing delays, we are expecting both our Crystal and Anti-Glare films to be available late October (tentatively). Air Jackets will soon follow in November and availability at Apple retail stores will vary upon each location.
If you're looking for immediate protection, our sister company, TruProtection, is currently taking pre-orders for both Anti-Glare and Crystal film, which will be available for purchase starting in early October. These films offer the same quality and protection as Power Support; however, the films will have a general cutout and is packaged in the US.
At this time, both websites are only offering film sets for the front of the phone. We have informed management about requests from customers on making a back film and it is being considered.
Power Support USA is not taking pre-orders for the film at this time.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience with the delay. You may write us back or give us a call at 877-342-4159 with any questions or concerns. You may also sign up to our newsletter at http://www.powersupportusa.com or http://www.truprotection.com to receive notice of any updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.