|Oct 4, 2012, 08:58 AM||#27|
Last edited by LadyX; Oct 4, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
|Dec 5, 2012, 08:20 AM||#28|
How do you ____ on the iphone 5?
I'm an AT&T blackberry torch user and contemplating the switch to the iphone 5. A few things I do on the BBerry torch that I use very often, I'd like to hear iphone user's feedback or solutions. They are the following:
1. I use the task (to do) & memo pad a ton & I can select to sync on or not wirelessly to my outlook. Are the these functions just as good on the iphone and what do they sync to on a PC?
2.I tether through blutooth for free w/ my Bberry on ATT using a trick someone showed me. At&T doesn't bill me anything for it, because I rarely do it? Can this be done for free with an iphone 5?
3. I unlocked my Torch for 99 cents so I can use a foreign sim card when abroad.
4. I use my Bberry Torch as a removable disk to tranfer files to any PC. I just plug in the cord and can explore my phone with windows explorer and add and remove files. Is there some possible solution to this for an iphone?
5. I sort photos & work files into folders on the phone & hide some folders/ files with a file explorer. Some photos I keep in a folder that doesn't show up when looking through my photos, but I can access by using the Blackberry file explorer and going to its location on the phone.
6. I carry an extra Bberry battery if needed. Is there something small for the iphone that can plug in to provide extra juice when needed? It has to be small enough to carry around in case you might need it sometime.
7.My mic is internal so I can ride bike and talk on the phone with no wind noise. Does anyone ever experience wind noise on their iphone?
8.Any other drawbacks other than BBM I should know about?
Thanks in advance for any answers on this.
|Dec 6, 2012, 12:45 AM||#29|
1. Not sure about outlook but on my Mac it syncs notes on iCloud. I also had some app that synced my notes to dropbox
2. There's a built in tether app for the iPhone within the settings via BT or USB. Extra charges are depend on the carrier's policies
3. As long as you're in America AFAIK unlocking an iPhone 5 is about $10 or less on ebay. (Not too sure about the bands it supports)
4. There's an iApp for that
5. AFAIK I haven't encountered any iPhone file explorers (except for a jailbroken iPhone) I've seen some photo vault apps though I'm not too sure how they work.
6. You can always buy a mini usb power source.
7. With all the noise cancellation going on with the iPhone I'm pretty sure it will eliminate all external noise if not then most.
8. There isn't really any cons since you're switching over from a blackberry . Haven't used a blackberry in a while annnnnd Push email isn't as awesome as it is on the blackberry
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.