Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pradeepgj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
I don't see this thread, so starting one. Please merge it, if a similar thread already exists.

Has anyone received the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter at all? Not even the early orders?

Why has apple dropped the ball on this one? For a company that produces such great products, I can't believe they did not expect demand for the adapter and plan for it.

Disappointing!

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Texas
I don't see this thread, so starting one. Please merge it, if a similar thread already exists.

Has anyone received the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter at all? Not even the early orders?

Why has apple dropped the ball on this one? For a company that produces such great products, I can't believe they did not expect demand for the adapter and plan for it.

Disappointing!

I wonder if something happened with them and they had to recall the ones they made and had to make new ones. Everyone was already expecting the phone to be out in September so I am sure people would have been a lot more disappointed in the phone not coming out until later than an adapter.

Actiq420

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
I agree there must have been some issue in production. Stores don't have it yet either, correct?

GenderFi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
I just pre-ordered mine so it probably won't be till November or next millenium. :) No shipping info.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
I guess we'll receive it when the iPhone 5S is released with its amazingly fast and new Lightning 2.

Raegor

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2010
First revision probably didn't work with any 3rd party accessories.

They're probably testing them with beaucoup accessories and getting one that will work with a majority of them.

CanadaEh

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Toronto
Why is it that only Americans are having trouble getting their hands on the Lightning Cable? I walked into my Apple store and there were a ton in stock

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Why is it that only Americans are having trouble getting their hands on the Lightning Cable? I walked into my Apple store and there were a ton in stock

Because some of us live 3 hours from an Apple store, and local retailers/carriers don't have any stock.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009

We're not talking about the lightning cable.

We're talking about the 30 pin to lightning adapter.

And to the OP, no. There are a few topics on this, but not this specific shipping topic.

Apple stores won't have them before those that ordered them on pre-order day. They really start showing up soon I'm losing my patience.

pradeepgj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
I just tried the order tracking page on apple, and i got this message.

Something went wrong with your request. Please try again later.

may be they are doing a batch update on orders? Fingers crossed.

machpost

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2010
Washington, DC

Lightning to USB cables are pretty easy to find. On the other hand, the Lightning to 30-pin adapter seems to exist only in pictures.

I went into my local Apple store yesterday and asked the geek in the blue shirt if they had any adapters. "Not until October", he said. "It is October", I replied. "Uhhhhh... well.... ummm.... you should just order off the website. That is the best place to get them", he said. I chuckled and left. Seems that even the Apple store geniuses don't even know when they're getting the adapters.

Ding.Dong

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles
I was walking by the Apple store in the Glendale Galleria in California today. I figured I'd ask about the adaptor to see if they knew when they'd be available. The guy said they alread had a shipment ealier this week but they all sold out very quickly.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I was walking by the Apple store in the Glendale Galleria in California today. I figured I'd ask about the adaptor to see if they knew when they'd be available. The guy said they alread had a shipment ealier this week but they all sold out very quickly.

No. He was talking about the cable.

The employees are idiots. I made the mistake of calling, and CONFIRMING through multiple descriptions of the item that they had the adapter and NOT just the cable in stock. He was convinced they had them. I went to the store and they had NONE.

Do NOT trust them, trust the app.

Ding.Dong

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles
No. He was talking about the cable.

The employees are idiots. I made the mistake of calling, and CONFIRMING through multiple descriptions of the item that they had the adapter and NOT just the cable in stock. He was convinced they had them. I went to the store and they had NONE.

Do NOT trust them, trust the app.

Yeah, you're probably right. After talking to that guy, I walked to the other Apple store here, which is just about a block away. The salseman there said they didn't have any yet. When I told him about the other store getting some and selling them out, he gave me a funny look like I was crazy.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I just tried the order tracking page on apple, and i got this message.

Something went wrong with your request. Please try again later.

may be they are doing a batch update on orders? Fingers crossed.

Could be. Mine now says"processing items," which it didn't before. Hopefully this means it'll be showing up soon!

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Oddly enough, the cables now say "unavailable for pickup", on the app.

Prior they would say, "available for pickup", or "available for pickup on "10/22" (or some other date).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.