Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Oct 3, 2012, 05:49 PM   #1
Boob
macrumors member

No longer able to delete comments in Facebook app?

I have the latest Facebook update for the Facebook app for th iPad and I can't figure out how to delete comments. Before I could swipe and a red delete icon would appear but now it doesn't.

The only way I found out how is to go to my timeline, activity log and delete it from there but that takes longer.

Did they really get rid of the swipe option?
Boob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2012, 06:10 PM   #2
Medic311
macrumors 65816

i have never been able to delete comments in the Facebook app for either the iPhone or iPad. it's quite frustrating to be honest.

Facebook doesn't care about their mobile apps, since they don't generate any revenue for the company. they only care about web access since that's where the ads are. that's why the company's apps have horrible performance, lack key features, and just overall is not up to par with the kind of company Facebook stands for
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:38 PM   #3
Agent-P
macrumors 68020

It seems like they did get rid of the swipe to delete option for comments. I just tried it on my iPad to no avail. That's unfortunate (even though I barely used it). I hadn't even noticed until I came across this post.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:30 PM   #4
Screwbie
macrumors newbie

Go to m.facebook.com log in as usual and delete from there, on iOS devices. Just tried, tested and it works. Hope it helps.
Screwbie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:08 AM   #5

In the App, if you go to your profile, and underneath your profile picture, swipe left to the end where it shows "Activity Log"... The Activity Log obviously shows your activity, but also allows you to delete just about anything. It works great on the iPad.

It has been there for quite some time, but just recently (within the last week) I've noticed it once again working properly. It wasn't allowing me to delete anything, and forced me onto my Mac to edit facebook content.

Glad its working properly again.
757015 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:20 PM   #6
CuriousJudy
macrumors newbie

Sorry I updated Facebook App, you?

I know this sounds odd, but I agree with "Boob." I, too, have the latest Facebook update for the Facebook app for the iPad and now I'm sorry I updated it. I, too, can't figure out how to delete comments on my News Feed. Before I could swipe and a red delete icon would appear but now it doesn't.

I tried Screwbie's suggestion of going to m.facebook.com and that didn't help.

And Notsurfeif's suggestion of going to my Activity Log only allowed me to delete things I had personally posted, not the stupid new ads that are constantly showing up now on my News Feed like an offer from Rosetta Stone. Help!

Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?
CuriousJudy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:01 AM   #7
Shadyriley
macrumors 6502

There's 3 vertical little dots next to your status, tap it then you can delete it.
Shadyriley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:37 AM   #8
Menel
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyriley View Post
There's 3 vertical little dots next to your status, tap it then you can delete it.
This! They did away with the swiping a few updates back. Probably when they went to the natively coded app.

Also lets you edit posts. Hide posts. Etc.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:50 AM   #9
fraggot
macrumors 6502

Yeah it's disappointing that they removed the feature, you can log into the web app and do it, but it's kind of taking you out of the "experience".
fraggot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2013, 07:13 AM   #10
RickyB
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsurfeif View Post
In the App, if you go to your profile, and underneath your profile picture, swipe left to the end where it shows "Activity Log"... The Activity Log obviously shows your activity, but also allows you to delete just about anything. It works great on the iPad.

It has been there for quite some time, but just recently (within the last week) I've noticed it once again working properly. It wasn't allowing me to delete anything, and forced me onto my Mac to edit facebook content.

Glad its working properly again.
Some of the later posters seems to have missed this one. It works on the iPhone too.

Thanks, notsureif.
RickyB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2013, 10:52 PM   #11
iMas70
macrumors 6502

I ran into that problem before, couldn't delete things while in the app. I can do that if I log in with a browser. It's just like viewing from a desktop then.
Old May 13, 2013, 02:20 AM   #12
sandwicher
macrumors member

Head o he comment you've posted, tap and hOld. The delete button should pop up
sandwicher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 08:17 PM   #13
Ume littleblack
macrumors newbie

Press down on the comment and delete option will come out
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg