Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
For some reason, after I have disconnected my iPod from my PC, I cannot immediately turn off my iPod. Instead, I have to wait about a minute or two before I am able to turn it off. Why is that? Also, during this process, it seems to be 'refreshing' everything, as in, when I go to the 'Import Photos' in 'Photos' (where my imported camera photos are kept), they do not show up immediately, but instead, they show up slowly, like, one at a time, maybe every 20 seconds or so.

Why?
How do I solve this?
(Or is completely wiping everything out the only way? That is such a rash move! :()

Thanks!

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
I've already posted there. I haven't received any response in a while now.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I think what you are explaining is fairly normal although I can't speak so much for the photo aspect since I have a regular/original 4G. My notes section can take a similarly long time to open after a sync though.

As for turning it off, what do you mean by that?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
My bad, I didn't even fully understand your question before I replied. Sorry.

The behavior you're describing is fairly normal. Since your iPod is formatted as FAT32 (Windows) it uses a different file structure then Mac formatted iPods, and forever reason, FAT32 iPods take longer to disconnect/mount from PC's then Mac formatted iPods do to Mac's (from my personal experience - not official). And the bigger the hd/more songs, the longer the wait (I'd assume). And depending on your PC, there could be some other things involved.

You could try reformatting, but I don't think that'd help much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.