Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bleh5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Anyone having the issue where you can't use any data apps while talking on the phone?

Seemed to be a major selling point of going with AT&T over Verizon, but I can't get Maps, Messages, Safari, or anything else that would use data to work while on LTE/4G.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Anyone having the issue where you can't use any data apps while talking on the phone?

Seemed to be a major selling point of going with AT&T over Verizon, but I can't get Maps, Messages, Safari, or anything else that would use data to work while on LTE/4G.

It works fine here.
When on LTE and a call comes in it goes back down to 3G/4G when you talk but I can access data and talk on the phone fine with my i5 on AT&T.

Bleh5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Hm... maybe service area? In the San Francisco Bay Area, I asked two other coworkers to test their phone, and same result. Very slow or no data access while on a call.

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
Hm... maybe service area? In the San Francisco Bay Area, I asked two other coworkers to test their phone, and same result. Very slow or no data access while on a call.

I'm in the Bay Area and have no trouble. It goes to 4G during phone calls and switches back to LTE shortly after. Speed is fine. It's not like I need to stream Netflix while I'm on a call.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.