Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released OS X v10.8.2 Supplemental Update 1.0, a minor software update bringing a handful of fixes to the latest version of OS X Mountain Lion.
The OS X v10.8.2 Supplemental Update is recommended for all users running OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 and includes the following fixes:

- Resolves an issue that may cause certain Japanese characters to appear incorrectly in Mail
- Allows Safari to access secure sites when parental controls are enabled
- Addresses an issue that may prevent systems with more than 64 GB of RAM from starting up
10_8_2_supplemental.jpg
OS X v10.8.2 Supplemental Update 1.0 is available via the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store , and arrives just over two weeks after the release of OS X 10.8.2.

Update 1:32 PM: Apple has also released OS X Lion 10.7.5 Supplemental Update, bringing several bug fixes to the latest version of OS X Lion.
The OS X v10.7.5 Supplemental Update is recommended for all users running OS X Lion v10.7.5 and includes the following fixes:

- Resolves an issue that may cause Time Machine backups to take a very long time to complete
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain applications signed with a Developer ID from launching

The Supplemental Update is recommended if you installed the Mac OS X Lion v10.7.5 Update (build 11G56).

It is not needed if you install the Mac OS X Lion v10.7.5 Update (build 11G63).

Article Link: Apple Releases OS X 10.8.2 Supplemental Update with Japanese Character, Safari and Other Bug Fixes

jent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2010
Is there a bug in 10.8.2 that causes Back to My Mac not to recognize one's valid iCloud password? I'm surprised that's not listed as a fix in this supplemental update.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Downloaded, restarted and still hasn't fixed my wifi dropping issues since upgrading to Mountain Lion... :(

rembert

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
Amsterdam area, Netherlands
Ok, some fix for the parental controls issue. But appearantly only for Safari. Other programs like FireFox and Spotify will still suffer from the ridiculously strengthened, unworkable, parental controls? One important reason to use OSX were the parental controls, which worked well enough. But with 10.8.2 I just had to turn them off entirely for the kids.
But, let's first install the 10.8.2 before complaining too much. At least Apple acknowledged some issue exist here. That's something already.

tshort

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2007
This is what my son was hitting:
- Allows Safari to access secure sites when parental controls are enabled
I ended up disabling Parental Controls, but I thought it may have been a problem with the CN (*.google.com) in Google's certificates...

mertyz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2011
On the other news, Windows 8 will bring support for 32 GB of RAM...

PS: I know it supports 192 GB of RAM.

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
And, if you had it, how would you upgrade? *ponders*
None of the machines that have that much memory have it soldered to the board. You would have to remove enough RAM to fall below the threshold, install the updates, then reinstall the RAM.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
Downloaded, restarted and still hasn't fixed my wifi dropping issues since upgrading to Mountain Lion... :(

I was having wi-fi dropping too. I checked all my connections. I found that my router power plug was not plugged all the in to the power outlet. That was two weeks ago. Since then I have not had another wi-fi interruption.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.