Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:13 PM   #101
Neverbepeace
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoloBond View Post
Call them and give them your exact address, they will be able to see in their system what's up, down or coming up.
I did.....I told them a town 15 minutes from me has LTE...when should I get it in my area.....*Rep put me on hold to find out more info* came back and told me a year from now

Neverbepeace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:22 PM   #102
LoloBond
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverbepeace View Post
I did.....I told them a town 15 minutes from me has LTE...when should I get it in my area.....*Rep put me on hold to find out more info* came back and told me a year from now

Image
LOOOOOOOOOL where you live Montauk?
LoloBond is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:59 PM   #103
Neverbepeace
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoloBond View Post
LOOOOOOOOOL where you live Montauk?
Massapequa Park.........
Neverbepeace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:26 PM   #104
El3ctronics
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
AT&T officially announces LTE expansion to Western Nassau County starting today!

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pi...35500&mapcode=
El3ctronics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:59 PM   #105
Neverbepeace
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by El3ctronics View Post
AT&T officially announces LTE expansion to Western Nassau County starting today!

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pi...35500&mapcode=


(Patiently Waiting)
Neverbepeace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:24 PM   #106
Neverbepeace
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Any other long islanders get LTE recently in their area?
Neverbepeace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:28 PM   #107
crisss1205
macrumors 6502a
 
crisss1205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island, New York
Send a message via AIM to crisss1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverbepeace View Post
Any other long islanders get LTE recently in their area?
Did you not read this thread, and the post with the PR right before your comment?
__________________
 27" iMac  13" Retina MacBook Pro  iPhone 5s  iPad mini
crisss1205 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:35 PM   #108
newyorksole
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LongIsland/NYC
come onnnn Eastern Nassau / Western Suffolk
__________________
iPhone 5S 32GB Gold.
iMac 21.5" Mid-2010 1TB/8GB/i5.
newyorksole is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:40 PM   #109
Neverbepeace
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisss1205 View Post
Did you not read this thread, and the post with the PR right before your comment?
Yea.......so

Neverbepeace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:30 AM   #110
FieldingMellish
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I held back on iPhone 5 due to it's issues and now here's another reason to hold back some more. The phone offers promise that the service providers haven't caught up with yet. Patiently waiting with my launch day 4 parked on Straight Talk, giving me practically double the service at half of AT&T's prior price.
FieldingMellish is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:05 AM   #111
R4226
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Does anyone know when Bellmore through Massapequa will be turned on???
R4226 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:57 PM   #112
Neverbepeace
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4226 View Post
Does anyone know when Bellmore through Massapequa will be turned on???
Still waiting
Neverbepeace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:00 AM   #113
Neverbepeace
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Drove to queens today and for the first time since owning the 5...I saw LTE. Very fast...now only if they flip the switch on for massapequa.
Neverbepeace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 02:39 PM   #114
l.i. bruce fan
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
So the end of the year came and went without the rest of Nassau County getting LTE.

I didn't call to ask AT&T cause I'm sure the answer would be Hurricane Sandy messed up their deployment plans, but has anyone else heard anything?
l.i. bruce fan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:47 AM   #115
l.i. bruce fan
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.i. bruce fan View Post
So the end of the year came and went without the rest of Nassau County getting LTE.

I didn't call to ask AT&T cause I'm sure the answer would be Hurricane Sandy messed up their deployment plans, but has anyone else heard anything?
l.i. bruce fan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:05 PM   #116
Neverbepeace
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.i. bruce fan View Post
Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
2 weeks ago I had to speak with technical support. I asked them the same question and he stated there are plans to start on the towers here in massapequa park......looking like a June completion date
Neverbepeace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 06:09 PM   #117
TishTash
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverbepeace View Post
2 weeks ago i had to speak with technical support. I asked them the same question and he stated there are plans to start on the towers here in massapequa park......looking like a june completion date
june?!
TishTash is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 04:34 PM   #118
l.i. bruce fan
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverbepeace View Post
2 weeks ago I had to speak with technical support. I asked them the same question and he stated there are plans to start on the towers here in massapequa park......looking like a June completion date
By the time AT&T fully builds out LTE, everyone else will be more than halfway done with whatever comes after LTE. I'm not surprised...
l.i. bruce fan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:36 PM   #119
alphaod
macrumors Core
 
alphaod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 上海 (Shanghai)
Don't any of you have... I don't know... broadband at home?

I've always found AT&T's HSPA service to be quite good. Otherwise I find my broadband faster than LTE in just about every way I can think of.
__________________
Mac Pro | Mac mini | 15" MacBook Pro | iPad Air | iPhone 6
alphaod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:05 AM   #120
TOOFY
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Awhlandddd, NY
I guess i shoudn't hold my breath for LTE in my area with AT&T, Medford.
__________________
iPhone 5 16GB on AT&T| iPad Air T-Mobile 16GB | Loves me some big ol tay tays
TOOFY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:01 PM   #121
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.i. bruce fan View Post
By the time AT&T fully builds out LTE, everyone else will be more than halfway done with whatever comes after LTE. I'm not surprised...
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Only VZW and AT&T have any significant rollout of LTE right now. VZW has went on record to say they will be done with LTE by end of 2013. AT&T a year after that.

T-Mobile has zero and Sprint keeps constantly delaying their rollouts. Let's not forget T-Mobile is still deploying 3G in most areas.
AutoUnion39 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:58 PM   #122
yeah
macrumors 6502a
 
yeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy D. Links View Post
tech question what exactly do they have to do to existing towers to turn LTE on?
They have to install LTE equipment on each (usually 2-3 days per tower) tower and then activate the equipment on the correct frequency/band.
__________________
2014 Macbook Air, 1.4 GHz Haswell i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz RAM, 128 GB PCI-e Flash, Intel HD 5000 ; 16 GB iPhone 5S Gold with the Un-Carrier ; iPad 2 16 GB White with Wi-Fi and a Surface 2 tablet.
yeah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:35 PM   #123
Cscottrun
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
In East Meadow, all of a sudden I am getting 4 bars LTE. When they turned on LTE in western nassau county last year, I was outside of its range. Looks like they might be expanding eastward, or at least testing it.
Cscottrun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:40 PM   #124
crisss1205
macrumors 6502a
 
crisss1205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island, New York
Send a message via AIM to crisss1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
In East Meadow, all of a sudden I am getting 4 bars LTE. When they turned on LTE in western nassau county last year, I was outside of its range. Looks like they might be expanding eastward, or at least testing it.
Hmm, since they launched it I have gotten 5 bars around Home Depot and EMHS and maybe 1 bar on my iPad east of Newbridge.
__________________
 27" iMac  13" Retina MacBook Pro  iPhone 5s  iPad mini
crisss1205 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:42 PM   #125
Cscottrun
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisss1205 View Post
Hmm, since they launched it I have gotten 5 bars around Home Depot and EMHS and maybe 1 bar on my iPad east of Newbridge.
I am by MeadowBrook elementary, but looks like I just switched back to 4g so.

Edit: and now I am back to LTE. Here is what I am getting, right off newbridge and salsbury park drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	397017  
Cscottrun is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TMobile LTE on IPhone 5 Live in Orange County! jeSse5150 iPhone 8 Jun 8, 2013 03:49 AM
Nassau County i5 anywhere? thefredelement iPhone 0 Oct 9, 2012 10:38 AM
Would 6 MB LTE be as fast in a rural empty county than 20 MB in a big city like NYC? Myiphone7 iPhone 4 Oct 3, 2012 08:43 PM
Verizon LTE not working in Los Angeles/Orange County NovemberWhiskey iPhone 0 Sep 25, 2012 06:46 PM
Orange County, CA LTE what's better? dsquared81 iPhone 9 Sep 22, 2012 08:34 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC