Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gracie2993

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Okay so I bought this ipod touch off of someone, and I reseted it, now it is stuck on this black screen with a silver apple. I have been googling how to fix it forever :/ I've tried "hard resetting" it, but it just goes right back to the screen. Help!!

When I plug it into my computer, doesn't help because it doesn't appear on itunes or anything..

gracie2993

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Well, I did this..

"1) Press and hold both the Home button adn the Power button for a couple of seconds. It should reboot and show the Apple logo. Do not let go.

2) When the logo comes up, release the Power button. You should only be pressing the Home button now.

3) After one or two seconds, the original image that was presented on the iPod when you turned it on for the first time will show up: the iTunes logo with a sync cable underneath it."

But the next step it -- 4) Connect the iPod to iTunes. It will ask you to restore the iPod. Say yes and begin the --whopping-- 150MB download for the iPod restore app.

The ipod is connected to my computers usb.. but my itunes doesnt recognize the ipod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.