Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Aug 27, 2006, 04:49 PM   #1
mac000
macrumors 6502a

Best Looking/Nicest MacBook 13.3 sleeve

ok i need some suggestions on a macbook sleeve/case.

I do not want to spend a lot of money, i use to have the "Incase" black w/ interior lime green sleeve for my iBook and it was pretty nice. But now i need something along those lines, any suggestions are welcome.

please provide some links/websites where to go to! thanks people.

current owners of macbook/macbook sleeves are preferred!
mac000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 05:07 PM   #2
mustard
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac000
ok i need some suggestions on a macbook sleeve/case.

I do not want to spend a lot of money, i use to have the "Incase" black w/ interior lime green sleeve for my iBook and it was pretty nice. But now i need something along those lines, any suggestions are welcome.

please provide some links/websites where to go to! thanks people.

current owners of macbook/macbook sleeves are preferred!
I recommend the ACME MADE bags. I have a "Slim Cargo - gray flannel" for my MBP.

They offer the "Slim" & the "Slim Cargo" which is more bag like w/extra compartments. They are pricey if you opt for any of the designer fabrics but the black ballistic nylon isn't too unreasonable albeit a little higher than some other options, but it is overall a great bag & value.

Edit: OOPS they can be found at www.acmemade.com
mustard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 06:20 PM   #3
vega07
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustard
I recommend the ACME MADE bags. I have a "Slim Cargo - gray flannel" for my MBP.

They offer the "Slim" & the "Slim Cargo" which is more bag like w/extra compartments. They are pricey if you opt for any of the designer fabrics but the black ballistic nylon isn't too unreasonable albeit a little higher than some other options, but it is overall a great bag & value.

Edit: OOPS they can be found at www.acmemade.com
they're very expensive, but very sleek.
vega07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 06:32 PM   #4
imnotatfault
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac000
i use to have the "Incase" black w/ interior lime green sleeve for my iBook and it was pretty nice. But now i need something along those lines, any suggestions are welcome.
Why not just get another Incase? Those are great IMO.
imnotatfault is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 09:41 AM   #5
miles01110
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotatfault
Why not just get another Incase? Those are great IMO.
Yeah I really like the Incases as well- not too flashy, and when it's zipped up you can't even see the lime green :-)

Plus it prevents you from advertising that you have a notebook on you.
miles01110 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 10:23 AM   #6
Radar
macrumors newbie

Try http://www.foofpod.com
It's an Australian store, but shipping to Ireland was cheap. I have the red cord macbook pro sleeve and I'm very happy. There are some pretty wacky ones on the site, but all seem to be made from quality material.
Regards
Radar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 10:51 AM   #7
Nikhil72
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Nikhil72
I love sleeves from WaterField Designs (www.sfbags.com). Their bags are highly customizable; the MacBook sleeve can run you anywhere from $39 (sleeve-only) to $109 (Sleeve+suspension strap+piggyback+flap=full lightweight case). They come highly recommended from many people online.

They definitely feel more durable than the InCases that I have seen in the Apple store.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 07:44 PM   #8
isabella5
macrumors newbie

Zegari

I like these http://www.zegari.com
isabella5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:23 PM   #9
yojitani
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil72
I love sleeves from WaterField Designs (www.sfbags.com). Their bags are highly customizable; the MacBook sleeve can run you anywhere from $39 (sleeve-only) to $109 (Sleeve+suspension strap+piggyback+flap=full lightweight case). They come highly recommended from many people online.

They definitely feel more durable than the InCases that I have seen in the Apple store.
I'm cm's from buying a Waterfield MacBook sleeve, but I'm wanting to know how padded it is. A lot of sleeves seem to flimsy to me. I'm going to be carrying my MB in an existing backpack that is usually loaded with books and papers, so I want something that is going to be affordable (which the Waterfield is only just) and durable. The config I was thinking of was everything aside from the strap (since I have more than enough straps lying around). Do you think the Waterfield will work?

Thanks!
yt
yojitani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:14 PM   #10
GossipQueen
macrumors newbie

My search for a laptop bag for my Macbook Pro 13" is endless! It's either I'm being picky or the ones I like are too expensive :T
GossipQueen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice