Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KisakiSama

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO, USA
I didn't want to be one of "those people", and to be honest I'm hesitant about even posting here, but I'm at a loss. I'm not even sure how this happened, but when cleaning my phone this morning I noticed that somehow there's a small chunk (about as wide as the front camera lens) missing from this tiny plastic band and it's starting to peel away at the top. I'm worried that it'll just peel off completely in its current state. I haven't dropped it, only used it normally (with a semi-cheap hard plastic case that covers most of the sides, keeping it mostly either in my purse or pocket), so I'm at a bit of a loss.

My question is: Do you think there's anything I can do about it? I don't have AppleCare+, so am I just SOL? Does anyone have any insight? :(

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 172

eleite

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
I didn't want to be one of "those people", and to be honest I'm hesitant about even posting here, but I'm at a loss. I'm not even sure how this happened, but when cleaning my phone this morning I noticed that somehow there's a small chunk (about as wide as the front camera lens) missing from this tiny plastic band and it's starting to peel away at the top. I'm worried that it'll just peel off completely in its current state. I haven't dropped it, only used it normally (with a semi-cheap hard plastic case that covers most of the sides, keeping it mostly either in my purse or pocket), so I'm at a bit of a loss.

My question is: Do you think there's anything I can do about it? I don't have AppleCare+, so am I just SOL? Does anyone have any insight? :(

Are you within 30 days of receiving the item? If so drop what you're doing and run back to the Apple store for a replacement.

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
Take it back to the Apple store and request a replacement. This is a manufacturer defect, and should be covered under warranty if everything you've said is true.

-C

Last edited by a moderator:

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010
Don't worry about being one of "those people" because people have returned and complained about issues a lot less serious than this. Go return that ASAP, I've never seen an iPhone do that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.