Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
I keep seeing post of people complaining about lag when receiving iMessage when in a conversation with another iDevice… I think it's intended that way. So you're not bombarded with annoying beeps from multiple devices if you're having a conversation on one device. I could be wrong though, it used to be different in iOS 5. And that annoyed me.… Anyone actually find this useful?

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
I have a Mac MBP, iPhone 5 and iPad 2. When Messages come in, each one sounds an alert ... usually at about the same time, but sometimes the iPad is slower. The iDevices are on iOS6 and the Mac is on Mtn Lion.

Occasionally, if the iPad isn't in use, it doesn't track the conversations in sequence when I turn it on. Often all my entries will be listed first, then all the responses. If it's on, though, they are all working OK.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
That's odd. When I respond or start a convo with my iPod,it lights up first. If I don't unlock or touch the notification, a second after the screen times out on the iPod my iPhone gets the message. Vise versa happens too. If I haven't iMessaged someone for a while or initiate the convo, both devices light up at roughly the same time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.