Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Massa

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Has anyone purchased the Incipio Feather Shine? Thoughts? Likes and dislikes?

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Yes I got mine earlier in the week in the black color. It does have a nice finish to it. However, it seems to fit the phone a bit loosely. I sometimes notice that the phone seems to sort of rock ever so slightly from time to time in the case. This may end up being a good thing however as I will probably be putting a skin on the phone's back and sides and it may actually work with this in place. I must admit that when I am using this case, I am a bit concerned about scuffs/scratches that may happen to the black finish on my phone. I have only used it for a day so far and put it on/off once so not sure if this fear is founded or not yet. It certainly does not provide protection to the top or bottom boarder of the phone though as those are totally open, which I am not all that thrilled about.

breezie

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
I originally ordered one of these but it was taking too long to come back in stock. I ended up going with the normal black for the following reasons:

(1) Normal one is smaller and lighter (I checked dimensions side by side from incipio). Difference was not by much though.
(2) Normal has more grip so the phone doesn't slide out of your hand as easily.
(3) Concerns about "possible" reception issues (not verified).
(4) Normal one was in stock.

If possible, it would help a lot of folks if a "Feather Shine" owner were to test using speedtest with and without the case using both WIFI and Cell Data settings to confirm if there are any reception issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.