Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Oct 7, 2012, 10:48 AM   #26
ZipZap
macrumors 68040

Bodyguardz also has a glass protector. Some 50% coupons floating around.
ZipZap is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:28 PM   #27
luigi408
macrumors regular

I was going to buy it but that is way too expensive for one protection screen only. If they had the same warranty/service as Bodyguardz then I'd buy it. Hope Bodyguardz offer the same rounded edges soon.
luigi408 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2012, 05:52 PM   #28
robotphood
macrumors 6502a

I've been using the bodyguardz pure glass the past few days and I think the rounded edges would be perfect, especially for the home button cutout.
robotphood is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 10:02 AM   #29
han8833
macrumors newbie

Ripped Off

GLAS.t is susceptible to edge chipping.

Instead of fixing the flaws related with the original GLAS.t, Spigen released a brand new product GLAS.tR (R for rounded edges) that is more resistant to edge chipping.

You know what is the best part? They also increased the price from $27.99 to $34.99 for correcting the original product flaws.

Come on Spigen, youíre better than this.

Remove the GLAS.t from your inventory and start selling GLAS.tR only for the original price of $27.99. This is your corporate social responsibility.

Those who just bought the GLAS.t should ask for a free upgrade and donít get ripped off.
han8833 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 10:04 AM   #30
brendan1
macrumors member

100% Agreed.
brendan1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 01:51 PM   #31
AbeFroeman
macrumors newbie

What cases are you guys using with this? I just ordered one from Amazon and haven't decided on what case to use.

I have a feeling it's going to be a lot thicker than I anticipate. Ideally I'd like to use this with a Speck Pixelskin HD, but I don't know if that's in the cards.
AbeFroeman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 01:57 PM   #32
ZipZap
macrumors 68040

Good luck returning. They never respond to rma requests. Sold mine on eBay. Ordered the R which has shipped. Also ordered the bodyguardz to see how it compairs.
ZipZap is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 02:03 PM   #33
Minhthien
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
Good luck returning. They never respond to rma requests. Sold mine on eBay. Ordered the R which has shipped. Also ordered the bodyguardz to see how it compairs.
Great! Please post a review once you get it! I did order the Pure because of 50% off! If the gas.tr is really better i would order from them too!
Minhthien is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:10 AM   #34
lsh
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
This is where ordering from Amazon is an advantage. I am returning the Neo and Glas.t - worried about chipping. I may order the rounded Glas.tR.
lsh is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:16 AM   #35
matrix808
macrumors regular

I guess its too early to tell, but would be nice to know if this R version also fixed the adhesive issue of the protector separating from the phone like the original one did.
matrix808 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:39 PM   #36
Adutrumque
Banned

I just got my glass.t in the mail today and its absolutely amazing. Couldn't ask for any better screen protector that is this responsive. Reacts the same with or without glass on. Amazing.
Adutrumque is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:45 PM   #37
kyellowness
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adutrumque View Post
I just got my glass.t in the mail today and its absolutely amazing. Couldn't ask for any better screen protector that is this responsive. Reacts the same with or without glass on. Amazing.
So did you get the GLAS.t or the GLAS.t R? Reason I ask is because this is the glas.t R thread and hoping you got this one so maybe you can post some pictures? haha! do you feel the difference between the GLAS.t and the GLAS.t R?
kyellowness is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:59 PM   #38
flamingoezz
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyellowness View Post
So did you get the GLAS.t or the GLAS.t R? Reason I ask is because this is the glas.t R thread and hoping you got this one so maybe you can post some pictures? haha! do you feel the difference between the GLAS.t and the GLAS.t R?
Just ordered the TR. should get it monday or tuesday. I'll report back
flamingoezz is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:28 PM   #39
Cabby
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz23 View Post
sweet now waiting for some slick deals before jumping in. I am loving my Otterbox Commuter along with GeneriK Antiglare/anti Fingerprint screen protector. Add a slight bit of thickness to the screen but keep that gorgeous color saturation and resolution.

Generik AG/AF Screen Protector
That Amazon link is pretty deceiving. Clearly it's for IPhone 5, but it has 165 reviews, mostly glowing reviews, almost all of them are reviews for the IPhone 4 version of the same thing. That's a pretty crappy thing to do IMO, very shady. You can't tell if the recent reviews are for the same IPhone 4 version of the new product.
Cabby is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:56 PM   #40
kyellowness
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoezz View Post
Just ordered the TR. should get it monday or tuesday. I'll report back
alrightttt~ thanks!
kyellowness is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:25 PM   #41
Adutrumque
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyellowness View Post
Oh its the glass.t

What is the big difference? This glass is really perfect.

Looked it up but what is edge chipping exactly. If its that the corners on the iPhone is getting more protection from bumps I'm okay. I've got a silicone case protecting my back and borders.
Adutrumque is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:28 PM   #42
DimeTech
macrumors member

Received the glas.tr in the mail today (gotta love l.a.). I will be installing it this evening.
DimeTech is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:07 AM   #43
DimeTech
macrumors member

After installing the Glas.TR on my black iPhone, I noticed a couple "chips" with tiny cracks on the underside of the bottom edge and around the speaker cutout. I have contacted spigen already. You couldn't see these prior to installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	368576  
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:08 AM   #44
DimeTech
macrumors member

Photo 2
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	252
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	368577  
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:10 AM   #45
DimeTech
macrumors member

Sorry for the triple post. Photo 3.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	270
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	368578  
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:02 AM   #46
huschpuscheli
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimeTech View Post
After installing the Glas.TR on my black iPhone, I noticed a couple "chips" with tiny cracks on the underside of the bottom edge and around the speaker cutout. I have contacted spigen already. You couldn't see these prior to installation.
i don't understand this damage. so the edges are shattered? underneath? what do you think how this could have happened? maybe a production flaw? your application seems quite perfect so i wont blame you for doing something wrong. how do you like the glas.tr despite this flaw?
huschpuscheli is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:05 AM   #47
Adutrumque
Banned

Quote:
Sorry for the triple post. Photo 3.
I had the similar on My glasst. Are you sure it's cracks ? Mine looked just like that but it was dust. Btw , I highly recommend using scotch tape for removal of dust prior installation.
Adutrumque is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:17 AM   #48
CanadaEh
macrumors member

Wow.. I just ordered the Glas.t about a week ago and now they release this? DAMNIT
CanadaEh is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:23 AM   #49
DimeTech
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adutrumque View Post
I had the similar on My glasst. Are you sure it's cracks ? Mine looked just like that but it was dust. Btw , I highly recommend using scotch tape for removal of dust prior installation.
It's not dust. You can clearly see if you zoom in that those are chips. You can see the light reflecting off the glass in a weird way.

I felt like Walter white from breaking bad installing it. In a steamy bathroom, no shirt on, and had a can of dust off. Lol
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:02 PM   #50
robotphood
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
It's not dust. You can clearly see if you zoom in that those are chips. You can see the light reflecting off the glass in a weird way.

I felt like Walter white from breaking bad installing it. In a steamy bathroom, no shirt on, and had a can of dust off. Lol
Are you sure to not tiny bubbles? My edges looked like that for a day and it went away. Ditto on the Walter white lol. I was sweating like crazy and tremoring from trying to place it perfectly.
robotphood is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories