Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lawlbringer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
So I go to return my iPhone 5 today, expecting to be without a phone because of how impossible it seems to find them around here. Out of nowhere, the manager let's me know "Oh, your phone arrived. We tried calling you..."

See, over a week earlier, I had called the district managers office at this particular store because they weren't really trying to help me after I reported that the phone was chipped deep out of the box. I never received a call, so someone is either trying to save a sale, or can't take a phone number down correctly. Regardless, I was excited that they actually honored my request for a white version of the phone instead.

I open it up, and only notice there is a very slight ding on the right side - however, since the edge is silver it's very easy to ignore. It isn't as bad as the ding I had on my old black iPhone 4 that I dropped on it's side. Luckily, that one had a silver frame also and was easy to ignore.

Oh, and I do have the dreaded light leak issue that a lot of white iPhone owners are reporting. This is very minor IMO, and pretty easy to ignore for me. I'll take it over a black phone that looks like it's been dropped multiple times...although it is a pretty big design flaw. You'd think they would've paid closer attention to something as easy to spot as this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.