Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Oct 6, 2012, 11:54 AM   #1
mrskullfreak
macrumors 6502

Tmoble contract question

I have a tmoble contract with 3 lines 2 lines or done next month and I plan on adding 2 more lines to my att.
My question is the 3 line I will have to pay 200 to get out of of that line and I am eligible for a full upgrade now also so should I get the upgrade and then cancel the line and sell the phone or just pay the 200 abd cancel??
thx
Old Oct 6, 2012, 12:57 PM   #2
aneftp
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskullfreak View Post
I have a tmoble contract with 3 lines 2 lines or done next month and I plan on adding 2 more lines to my att.
My question is the 3 line I will have to pay 200 to get out of of that line and I am eligible for a full upgrade now also so should I get the upgrade and then cancel the line and sell the phone or just pay the 200 abd cancel??
thx
Use ur upgrade first. Sell phones.

Than pay the etf.

One of annoying things about tmobile. Any feature change u try to make they will extend ur contract for 2 years.

But they let u keep ur upgrade cycle. So it's a trade off try to make u stay longer.

Plus their idiotic rebates try to make u stay another 4-8 weeks.

Use ur upgrade at best buy Walmart radio shack.

Don't buy from amazon wireless or wirefly who charge u double etf if u cancel plan within 181 days from them.
aneftp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2012, 04:23 PM   #3
Tarzanman
macrumors 65816

Add the lines, but don't use your upgrade... especially if doing so will force you into another plan or entail a new contract.

If you ever have a dispute with T-mobile, good luck negotiating with them if you are still under contract.

I have been contract free for 6 years, and it helps a little bit if the level 2 support person sees that you can simply take your business (and phone number) elsewhere if you are dissatisfied enough.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices