Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Some people say the Iphone 5 isn't a big upgrade from the 4S. So here's a question what's missing from the Iphone 5 to make it a massive upgrade?

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Lots of threads on macrumors and other sites that highlight what your asking.

Yes, and lucky for you, most people put a descriptive TITLE in their post. Scroll down through postings from the past few days and you will find some comparison and places to discuss it.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
A billion threads like this, all with far better titles. Lift a finger?

PAC88

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2009
It comes down to personal preference. I just made this comparison in a previous thread because I think it sums it up well.

iPhone 4/s = Mercedes.. iPhone 5 = BMW. More athletic and less refined.

Both are nice but major differences in favor of both.

Breitling65

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2011
Some people say the Iphone 5 isn't a big upgrade from the 4S. So here's a question what's missing from the Iphone 5 to make it a massive upgrade?

I upgraded my one year old 4S and it is huge difference to me. People just don't like to change something they like right now and 4S is good phone overall. iphone5 is totally different beast. It jumps on speed on anything you are touching with fingers, it is amazing on size and weight, it is better on screen resolution, it is blazing fast on LTE etc. If you don't thing anything above is important than get or stay with 4S.

----------

iPhone 4/s = Mercedes.. iPhone 5 = BMW. More athletic and less refined.

Bad example, MB having much better meaning in auto sports than Bmw, presently no Bmw at F1 racing as example and plenty of MB there. MB having many sports models, not cheap but not less then BMW in power and speed.

0r30

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2010
Texas
I had a 4s before and love my Iphone 5 now. two things that I really like is the LTE and how the phone is taller it feels more comfortable in my hand.

I would say go check it out at the apple store and see how you like it.

PAC88

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2009
Bad example, MB having much better meaning in auto sports than Bmw, presently no Bmw at F1 racing as example and plenty of MB there. MB having many sports models, not cheap but not less then BMW in power and speed.

okay, that was probably a bad example depending how you look at it.

My point is.
The 4/s is more refined yet powerful at the same time.
The 5 is lighter/faster but seems to be missing the refinement aspect of the 4/s. I don't think one is necessarily better than the other.. depends what features of a phone are important to you..

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I agree a better title to the thread would have helped to start off with. That said this has already been discussed in various other threads so there's no real need for another. I also disagree that the iPhone 5 isn't a big upgrade from the 4 or 4S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.