Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Last night I bought a few songs through the iTunes store on my computer.

I don't have iCloud, I don't have MobileMe, I don't have iTunes Match or any of those services. My phone is also set up to manually manage music.

I plugged my phone into my MBP just now to load those new songs onto my phone, and as soon as I plugged my phone in, it showed up in the lefthand menu of iTunes with a "Purchased" playlist already on the phone, and the songs I was going to put on the phone were already there.

What's the deal with this? I don't want anything going on my 4S unless I do it manually myself.

How/why did iTunes automatically put a Purchased playlist on my 4S? For what it's also worth in my default Purchased playlist in iTunes, I had edited the song tags to keep with my organization theme in my iTunes library...but the songs that it put on my phone were as tagged/bought in the iTunes store, before I edited the tags. :confused::confused::confused:

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Last night I bought a few songs through the iTunes store on my computer.

I don't have iCloud, I don't have MobileMe, I don't have iTunes Match or any of those services. My phone is also set up to manually manage music.

I plugged my phone into my MBP just now to load those new songs onto my phone, and as soon as I plugged my phone in, it showed up in the lefthand menu of iTunes with a "Purchased" playlist already on the phone, and the songs I was going to put on the phone were already there.

What's the deal with this? I don't want anything going on my 4S unless I do it manually myself.

How/why did iTunes automatically put a Purchased playlist on my 4S? For what it's also worth in my default Purchased playlist in iTunes, I had edited the song tags to keep with my organization...but the songs that it put on my phone were as tagged in the iTunes store, before I edited the tags. :confused::confused::confused:

Settings > iTunes & App Store > automatic downloads

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Cool thanks, I'll try that...while I've got you here, is there any particular reason the new iTunes doesn't have an Apps section with updates in the lefthand column? Looks like we can only update apps from the phone itself now? I'm on iOS6.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Not looked to be honest. All my apps are updated through my iPhone or iPad and sync'd using wifi anyway lol

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Cool thanks, I'll try that...while I've got you here, is there any particular reason the new iTunes doesn't have an Apps section with updates in the lefthand column? Looks like we can only update apps from the phone itself now? I'm on iOS6.

Go to iTunes on your computer -> Preferences ->General and under "Show:" you can choose what you want to appear on the left hand side.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.