Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
hi all,

just purchased a ghost armor full body for my new iPhone 5 and was wondering if you guys are using a case in addition to the GA?

any slim case recommendations to go with the GA full body?

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
I have the incipio frequency case with my full body Ghost Armor. And now I switched up to the Otterbox commuter case and that works too!!

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010

jokerz126

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
Hey Ultraz, how is the commuter with the full body? Thinking about getting it done today!

Dukat

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
I have the incipio frequency case with my full body Ghost Armor. And now I switched up to the Otterbox commuter case and that works too!!

Hi Ultraz,

I just picked up my phone and Frequency case today. The case seems very nice.

Why'd you switch to the Commuter?
I was considering the Incipio Ovrmld but can't find any detailed reviews. Wondering if the extra bulk really adds enough extra protection to be warranted.

I've used PowerSupport screen films for 4 years. They're superb, but not yet available for the new phone. Has anyone tried PowerSupport and Ghost Armor? Curious is they feel similar.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
You know what I thought the Frequency looked bulky through pictures but said what the hell, was fed up of trying to find a case to fit with my BSE so went ahead and purchased it on your recommendation. It did not disappoint it's actually a very nice smooth case and not bulky or heavy. The search for a case is over.

Thanks for the heads up!!:)

kennyfool

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2011
It depends what Ghost Armor you have.... I found that if you use the clear one you have to use a case that doesn't hug the phone (like silicon) I just upgraded to a black Carbon Fiber skin and I am using it with a RokForm v3 case and it fits perfectly.
usugy9em.jpg

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
Hey Ultraz, how is the commuter with the full body? Thinking about getting it done today!

The commuter case is excellent with the full skin. Because the apple is exposed in this case and the rear shield covers it up

----------

Hi Ultraz,

I was considering the Incipio Ovrmld but can't find any detailed reviews. Wondering if the extra bulk really adds enough extra protection to be warranted.

I've used PowerSupport screen films for 4 years. They're superb, but not yet available for the new phone. Has anyone tried PowerSupport and Ghost Armor? Curious is they feel similar.

The ghost armor is nice, the material doesn't feel rubbery at all, it feels like there's nothing there.

I switched over to the commuter because I loved it for the 4S. But really, I'm a case whore. I have 3 cases lined up from 2 case mate cases and a rocket fish case.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Hi Ultraz,

Nothing alike. GA has orangepeel, like Zagg just not as severe.

PS Crystal is far better. Ill be replacing the front skin with a PS crystal asap but keeping the rest of the GA skin

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
Nothing alike. GA has orangepeel, like Zagg just not as severe.

PS Crystal is far better. Ill be replacing the front skin with a PS crystal asap but keeping the rest of the GA skin

Well I don't know if your ghost armor has changed their inventory. But my location has. And I notice a big difference between the old GA vs the current one that I have.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Well I don't know if your ghost armor has changed their inventory. But my location has. And I notice a big difference between the old GA vs the current one that I have.

There's definitely a difference between GA and Zagg. The GA shows no signs of orange peel at all. In fact similar to Clear Coat.

I got my full body professionally installed and like how the GA kiosk in the mall is a 10 minute drive.

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
It depends what Ghost Armor you have.... I found that if you use the clear one you have to use a case that doesn't hug the phone (like silicon) I just upgraded to a black Carbon Fiber skin and I am using it with a RokForm v3 case and it fits perfectly. Image

Hey do you have a front screenshield also? I was going to buy a rokform a while back but they said that it doesn't fit with back screenshield on... im surprised it fits with ghost armor. Is it overly tight fit or comfortable? can u take phone out with ease? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.