Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goonie4life9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
I am encountering an error when I open links from other applications. When Safari is not running, when I open the links, Safari opens, but the tabs are barely visible (see picture below). I also cannot view the Menu bar when I move my cursor to the top of the screen or the Dock when I move my cursor to the bottom of the screen. If I leave Safari open and open a link, the tabs display correctly and I am able to view the Menu bar and Dock. Additionally, when I disable extensions, I do not encounter the glitch. However, when I enable ANY extension, I encounter the glitch.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

2816ges.jpg

goonie4life9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Update

I've created a new account and encountered the same error (i.e., no 3rd party programs were loaded), which suggests that the error is OS-based. Has anybody else experienced this?

goonie4life9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Update 2

I have also noticed that there is some display stuttering and glitches when I click and link and Safari must be started (i.e., Safari was previously quit) in fullscreen mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.