Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vaultwit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I am having a problem with my iPhone 5. Sometimes, even when the silence switch is flipped on (sound on, red mark not visible), it does not play sounds. This includes keyboard clicks, lock sounds, text tone when receiving texts, etc. Toggle back and forth between silent on/off does nothing. Every time this happens, if I turn off my phone and turn it back on, the problem is fixed. But otherwise, the problem continues. Anyone have this problem?

rlpaolucci

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2011
I am having a problem with my iPhone 5. Sometimes, even when the silence switch is flipped on (sound on, red mark not visible), it does not play sounds. This includes keyboard clicks, lock sounds, text tone when receiving texts, etc. Toggle back and forth between silent on/off does nothing. Every time this happens, if I turn off my phone and turn it back on, the problem is fixed. But otherwise, the problem continues. Anyone have this problem?

i was wondering about this the other night.. same situation happened to me..but i resolved it. i found that if an app had sound & had it turned to all the way down, then turned the volume up while i was in the app, it played all of the sounds that you listed above. i don't remember my 4s being like this though?

JayDude132

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
I had the same problem. I found a solution on another forum. The only difference was, I was still able to hear text tones and stuff, but they were barely audible.

The fix: Close all your open multitasking apps and then it should work.

Hopefully the issue is addressed with iOS 6.0.1

EDIT: Just read the post above mine and realized you already posted the solution

rlpaolucci

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2011
I had the same problem. I found a solution on another forum. The only difference was, I was still able to hear text tones and stuff, but they were barely audible.

The fix: Close all your open multitasking apps and then it should work.

Hopefully the issue is addressed with iOS 6.0.1

EDIT: Just read the post above mine and realized you already posted the solution

it's cool. i read that same post...someone said that the reboot fixed the solution?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.