Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elevon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Title pretty much explains it...

I currently own the iPhone 5 and find the iCloud feature to be incredibly useful with my Macbook Pro, syncing with my Mail, iCal, Contacts, etc which I really rely on.

After watching a few videos regarding the Note 2, I was completely blown away by the features that the phone supports, though not sure whether it would sync well with my Macbook Pro.

So can anyone help me out here? :confused:

Many Thanks,

madden

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2012
If you are that tied to iOS/OSX apps like that, stick to the iPhone. I use mostly Google apps like Gmail and Google calendar/contacts on my Mac, so having an Android phone is easy.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
If you are not sure..

Turn off iCloud for 14 days.

See if you can do without it. If you can, go and checkout the Note 2, if you can't stick with the iPhone 5.

Just use a bit of common sense.

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
Theres a few apps you can download from the play store which will allow you to sync your calendar/contacts from icloud to your android device.

Bit like the old iphone saying - "Theres an app for it" :D

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Theres a few apps you can download from the play store which will allow you to sync your calendar/contacts from icloud to your android device.

Bit like the old iphone saying - "Theres an app for it" :D

What apps are those ? Wouldn't mind downloading one for my one X

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
What apps are those ? Wouldn't mind downloading one for my one X

SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar and SmoothSync for Cloud Contacts both allow you to sync your People and Calendar apps on your Android device with iCloud. I previously used it with a Galaxy Nexus and now use it on my Nexus 7--have had no problems.

----------

Title pretty much explains it...

I currently own the iPhone 5 and find the iCloud feature to be incredibly useful with my Macbook Pro, syncing with my Mail, iCal, Contacts, etc which I really rely on.

After watching a few videos regarding the Note 2, I was completely blown away by the features that the phone supports, though not sure whether it would sync well with my Macbook Pro.

So can anyone help me out here? :confused:

Many Thanks,

If your only reservation is regarding using iCloud (don't care about AirPlay, iMessage or any other Apple exclusive features), I say try the Note II. I still personally prefer iOS for my phone but have to admit the Note II looks pretty cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.