Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doomdreamer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Hi,

Whenever I try to write a text message, the keyboard goes a bit loopy and will type random letters, usually the two next to the letter I want to type. Then, when I try to backspace, it won't acknowledge that at all, and occasionally switches to numbers/symbols.

I switch it off then back on again, and this sometimes helps, but it's got to the point where I have to do this 2 or 3 times to write one complete text.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with an app I've just downloaded, but the timing coincides. It's the HSBC Fast Balance app. I also have problems with this. It won't acknowledge pressing the 8 on the keypad at all.

I'm hoping someone might have ideas on how to fix this? I know I should go to an Apple store, but I really don't have time.

I really hope you can help!

----------

Also, I've deleted the app, still got the problem. And I've removed the phone from its case, still not good.

msasgs

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2009
are you using a case? i have same issue with case on take case off works fine i think there is an issue and that is why apple not selling cases

mrfamico

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2012
Someone please tell me how to fix this! My phone is doing the same thing. It happens intermittently, but it's a nuisance.
In addition to the keyboard, I am also having other touchscreen issues. HELP!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.