Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Can someone please share a screen shot of the youtube app from google running on an i5 so i can see if the letter boxing exists or not?

I am amazed no one has discussed this yet.

wc17

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Can someone please share a screen shot of the youtube app from google running on an i5 so i can see if the letter boxing exists or not?

I am amazed no one has discussed this yet.

No need for a screenshot. The app is not upgraded for the iPhone 5 yet.

I just use the mobile site...

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
No need for a screenshot. The app is not upgraded for the iPhone 5 yet.

I just use the mobile site...

What does it look like from the mobile site if you don't mind showing please? Thanks.

One of my friends (who lives 200 kms away nowadays) claimed he has it letterboxed on mobile safari too but he didn't upload a pic to prove it...sigh.

Mseek

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2012
I use FoxTube which is an youtube app updated for the 4 inch display. It was free yesterday, but i think it cost some now

iEs

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Safari
What does it look like from the mobile site if you don't mind showing please? Thanks.

One of my friends (who lives 200 kms away nowadays) claimed he has it letterboxed on mobile safari too but he didn't upload a pic to prove it...sigh.

Here's screenshot for the "google" & "safari" version of YouTube (=
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349630085.066213.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349630100.332433.jpg

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I use FoxTube which is an youtube app updated for the 4 inch display. It was free yesterday, but i think it cost some now

Jasmine is another app already updated.

Nice interface, but I'm finding too many videos aren't playing in it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.