Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 8, 2012, 02:01 PM   #76
Geckotek
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robaroo View Post
does this forum just attract people with bad phones?
Actually...yes.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 02:18 PM   #77
WeegieMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kre62 View Post
According to the Genius' I showed, it's real my friend.

I now have a much superior screen. We put them side by side. It was no contest.

So if perfect screens exist, yellow ones are defects. End of story.
Oh yes, the piss yellow screen is not a figment of anyone's imagination.

They are very real and unacceptable. Folks, it's not "glue", it's not "warmer", it's a massive off yellow, over bearing piss yellow tone that dominates every white section of your display.
WeegieMac is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 02:57 PM   #78
kre62
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeegieMac View Post
Oh yes, the piss yellow screen is not a figment of anyone's imagination.

They are very real and unacceptable. Folks, it's not "glue", it's not "warmer", it's a massive off yellow, over bearing piss yellow tone that dominates every white section of your display.
It's funny to me how people will try to justify Apple's poor quality control. One day they will get a yellow screen and see what its like.
kre62 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 03:05 PM   #79
-Reaper-
macrumors member

When you say yellow do you mean whole screen yellow or a tint?
-Reaper- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 03:12 PM   #80
Rocko1
macrumors 68000

Quote:
It's funny to me how people will try to justify Apple's poor quality control. One day they will get a yellow screen and see what its like.
Exactly. Here are the top 3 moronic responses to a thread dealing with a real defect. 1) Mine is fine so you are full of it. 2) Not a defect, it's supposed to be that way 3) Quit being so picky.
Rocko1 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 03:15 PM   #81
eye.surgeon
macrumors 6502

Some people here think nothing of returning phones for the stupidest reasons. It's the 90/10 rule. 10% of people produce 90% of the complaints.
eye.surgeon is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 03:38 PM   #82
kre62
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye.surgeon View Post
Some people here think nothing of returning phones for the stupidest reasons. It's the 90/10 rule. 10% of people produce 90% of the complaints.
All my reasons were legitamate. I will not have a yellow screen. Theres no excuse. That was 2 of the 4. The other 2 reasons are more then legit.

My new perfect phone had a nick in the bezel out of the box. I still consider it perfect.
kre62 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 06:05 PM   #83
faroZ06
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgm541 View Post
Believe it or not, many of these issues aren't actually real. The user goes on macrumors forums and sees that one user had a yellow tinted screen and starts looking for that problem in their own phone. Much of the time, if they search for it hard enough, they will find it. Much like hypochondriacs always find diseases they dont actually have .
He said that it was really obvious. This is also the first I've heard of it. And that wouldn't explain the last phone he got being perfect.
faroZ06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 06:22 PM   #84
faroZ06
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko1 View Post
Exactly. Here are the top 3 moronic responses to a thread dealing with a real defect. 1) Mine is fine so you are full of it. 2) Not a defect, it's supposed to be that way 3) Quit being so picky.
4) It's just a figment of your imagination, or you're trolling.
faroZ06 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 06:29 PM   #85
TroyBoy30
macrumors 65816

You guys must have wronged someone in a past life to have such bad luck with getting bad devices.
TroyBoy30 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 07:30 PM   #86
macjoshua
macrumors regular

Would you take an iPhone 5 to the Genius Bar for dust on the screen, under the glass? This one is a swap for one that had light leak under the lock button.

I don't really want to go back into the store, but it leaves a couple noticeable spots on the screen, and I payed a good amount to get the 64GB model.
macjoshua is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:09 AM   #87
thope
macrumors newbie

its funny to see people with a poor eye for detail come here and post nonsense saying that they got a perfect piece.

Last edited by thope; Jan 15, 2013 at 08:19 AM.
thope is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:05 AM   #88
Starrbuck
macrumors regular

That's very strange, as my family got a total of 4 iPhone 5's in December and each and every one is perfect.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:16 AM   #89
pnoyblazed
macrumors 6502a

you people treat this phone like it's made out of solid gold. Do you honestly think this phone will remain scratch free forever? Get over it
pnoyblazed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:05 PM   #90
Nale72
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by faroZ06 View Post
4) It's just a figment of your imagination, or you're trolling.
I've actually also read:

5) Those complaining have been paid by Google/Android phone maker to come to this forum to do it to make Apple look bad..

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoyblazed View Post
you people treat this phone like it's made out of solid gold. Do you honestly think this phone will remain scratch free forever? Get over it
It's a huge difference between accepting scratches afterword that you inflict yourself and scratches/scuffs/yellow tinted screen/malfunctioning cameras right out of the box, don't you agree
Nale72 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:18 PM   #91
TedM
macrumors 6502

Quote:
5) Those complaining have been paid by Google/Android phone maker to come to this forum to do it to make Apple look bad..
I find this hard to believe. Maybe though, that would be sketch. Grats on the new phone. I thought you won or something, but I suppose to quest for the best phone is still one worth congratulating.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:22 PM   #92
wxman2003
macrumors 68000

My first phone, was and still is perfect 4 months later. Just like the majority of of every one else. Love these silly threads.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:32 PM   #93
roxxette
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowplayer View Post
We are not fanboys. All ur three exchanges were justified. Have you read the reasons for his exchanges? He's sick and parasite to the society.
wow just wow ! chill mate
roxxette is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:07 PM   #94
itjw
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
All my reasons were legitamate. I will not have a yellow screen. Theres no excuse. That was 2 of the 4. The other 2 reasons are more then legit.

My new perfect phone had a nick in the bezel out of the box. I still consider it perfect.
Right, so it's NOT "perfect" it's just flawed slightly enough for you to be ok with it.

That's been my point all along. There are plenty of NORMAL people in this world who can consider a "nick" to be no big deal.

For what it's worth, your "issues" all seemed legitimate (if not a little picky, but not OCD picky) for replacement.

The problem most normal people have with "scuffgate" is that it's literally freaking out over the same "nick" that you consider perfect. It's usually a defect so small they need a macro lens, special lighting, and a "if you can see it" disclaimer.

There is no "perfect" iPhone (or any mass produced phone for that matter). Just scales of acceptability.

Mines "perfect" too lol...
itjw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:14 PM   #95
ZacT94
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderBite View Post
Who did you people wrong in another life that you are constantly cursed with inferior Apple products out of the box?

In 25 years I returned 1 Apple product. A mouse that had a bent pin in the ps/2 connector. :P
I couldn't agree with you more. Although I've had Apple products for only 7 years, I've never had an Apple product I've had to return. My iPhone 5 was perfect first time and it's still going strong with no major flaws. Sure there's a tiny scratch on the side, but that was my fault.
ZacT94 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone