Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Games

Old Aug 29, 2005, 10:37 AM   #1
d_saum
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to d_saum Send a message via Yahoo to d_saum
Virtual Reality???

I saw this a while back, and all this talk about the future of gaming sent me looking for it again. Personally, I cant wait for VR and I will probably spring for this when it comes out. How about you guys? What do you think about virtual reality or augmented reality?
iPod shuffle
d_saum is offline   0
Old Aug 29, 2005, 12:11 PM   #2
AoWolf
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to AoWolf
Always seemed cheesy and fake to me. I find I like looking at a normal screen far better. I just don't see any one embracing that kind of stuff.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 01:32 PM   #3
Dagless
macrumors Core

Virtual Reality seems like one of those things that graphics whores go for. there was a discussion a while back with some mates who couldn't were really looking into Virtual reality headsets.
my experience with a headset wasn't good. A mate at a computer shop had another mate who was moving out to American, and he basically just gave away most of his gadgetry. i popped into the shop one day and they let me have a go. basically its like looking at a big screen, like being in a cinema and you're the only one there.

it wasn't good. much prefer TV's.

its kinda sci-fi and won't be around for years. but something like a watered down Matrix would be a good thing, some kind of helmet that changes what you see. but it could be very dangerous. but so long off.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Games