Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Oct 7, 2012, 05:05 PM   #1
appleweek
macrumors member

Menu Extra's in Full Screen Apps?

Hi to all my amazing Mac users!!!

First of all, sorry if this has been previously covered elsewhere. My search didn't seem to find anything.

I have a quick question regarding Menu Extra's while an App is in full-screen mode. When an app (Safari, Terminal, etc) is in full screen mode and you move your mouse to the top right and select any Menu Extra, before I know you could have dragged your cursor to another Menu Extra and have it become selected. However (and I don't know since when), as of 10.8.2 when you select a Menu Extra and drag your cursor to another menu extra it does NOT select it. It just seems to be stuck on the initial one you selected and not budge! This behaviour is also very inconsistent as if you perform the save action using a non-full-screen window, you can browse thru all the Menu Extra's without problem just like you can browse the regular menu's on the top left.

I even did a clean install of OS X 10.8.2 just to see if the bug still existed, and it does. Are you guys observing this too? When did this behaviour start?!? I am almost sure this did not happen with OS X Lion 10.7.

Thanks for any feedback.

For ex, I cannot drag away from this WiFi Menu Extra:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-10-07 at 4.59.03 PM.png
Views:	40
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	367411  
appleweek is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion