Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Oct 8, 2012, 03:36 AM   #1
renesteg
macrumors newbie

Password is "forgotten" by Outlook since Mountain Lion upgrade

I have Office 2011 installed on my Mac. I have an older MacBook Pro, which I just upgraded to Mountain Lion and a few weeks back I bought a MacBook Pro Retina also Mountain Lion installed. On both I have Office 2011.
For some reason, the password is not being stored persistently in Mountain Lion. I did not have any issues with that on Snow Lepard. Now I keep getting the error message as shown in the attachment.

Any idea, what I can do besides entering and re-entering the password again and again?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error_message_outlook.png
Views:	43
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	367562  
renesteg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 03:39 AM   #2
needfx
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by renesteg View Post
I have Office 2011 installed on my Mac. I have an older MacBook Pro, which I just upgraded to Mountain Lion and a few weeks back I bought a MacBook Pro Retina also Mountain Lion installed. On both I have Office 2011.
For some reason, the password is not being stored persistently in Mountain Lion. I did not have any issues with that on Snow Lepard. Now I keep getting the error message as shown in the attachment.

Any idea, what I can do besides entering and re-entering the password again and again?

Thanks.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
needfx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 08:53 AM   #3
DoctorCrap
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to DoctorCrap
What I'd say:
Ditch Microsoft Outlook and use Mail instead.

To fix issue:
Remove data files of the application and enter your data from there.
DoctorCrap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:10 AM   #4
renesteg
macrumors newbie

Still have the same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfx View Post
Only thing I did not try from the quoted reference was SSL. But this also did not solve my problem. I still receive the credential pop-up and the Outlook password remains getting blanked.

What I tried so far:
- Delete the Keychain entries
- Updated the account settings in Outlook
- got in touch with the hosting provider to see if there is anything wrong on the settings (which would be strange anyway, as I did NOT change anything on the settings on my old laptop and only upgraded to Mountain Lion)

Any REAL help is still appreciated (ditching Outlook I do not really consider as helpful comment).
renesteg is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Tags
outlook 2011, password