Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

renesteg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Zurich
I have Office 2011 installed on my Mac. I have an older MacBook Pro, which I just upgraded to Mountain Lion and a few weeks back I bought a MacBook Pro Retina also Mountain Lion installed. On both I have Office 2011.
For some reason, the password is not being stored persistently in Mountain Lion. I did not have any issues with that on Snow Lepard. Now I keep getting the error message as shown in the attachment.

Any idea, what I can do besides entering and re-entering the password again and again?

Thanks.

Attachments

• error_message_outlook.png
    error_message_outlook.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 137

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
I have Office 2011 installed on my Mac. I have an older MacBook Pro, which I just upgraded to Mountain Lion and a few weeks back I bought a MacBook Pro Retina also Mountain Lion installed. On both I have Office 2011.
For some reason, the password is not being stored persistently in Mountain Lion. I did not have any issues with that on Snow Lepard. Now I keep getting the error message as shown in the attachment.

Any idea, what I can do besides entering and re-entering the password again and again?

Thanks.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4136482?start=0&tstart=0

DoctorCrap

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
Penang, Malaysia
What I'd say:
Ditch Microsoft Outlook and use Mail instead.

To fix issue:
Remove data files of the application and enter your data from there.

renesteg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Zurich
Still have the same issue

Only thing I did not try from the quoted reference was SSL. But this also did not solve my problem. I still receive the credential pop-up and the Outlook password remains getting blanked.

What I tried so far:
- Delete the Keychain entries
- Updated the account settings in Outlook
- got in touch with the hosting provider to see if there is anything wrong on the settings (which would be strange anyway, as I did NOT change anything on the settings on my old laptop and only upgraded to Mountain Lion)

Any REAL help is still appreciated (ditching Outlook I do not really consider as helpful comment).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.