Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:18 PM   #1
NickZac
macrumors 68000

Copying a program from my old hard drive with lion to new with ML

I needed to copy a program from an older hard drive to a newer one. The newer hard drive was a clean install. The program is SPSS 18 and I needed to copy it rather than reinstall because the program on my old hard drive has the hotfixes to work with OS X's Java. I literally just put the old hard drive into an enclosure, browsed through the program folders in Finder, and copied the entire SPSS folder into the Applications folder on my new comp. After entering licensing information, it seems to work flawlessly. Given I've not done this method before, I am curious as to if what I did was okay or if the way I went was a bad idea? Am I safe? (little paranoid)

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion