Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leana9101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
I have these weird white smudge/bubble things all over my screen and the screen is not very responsive where they are on the screen. I actually had a guy at Best Buy put the shield on so I am not sure what the problem is. It has been about 24 hours since then. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3832.jpeg
    IMG_3832.jpeg
    615.9 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_1119.jpeg
    IMG_1119.jpeg
    620 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_4884.jpeg
    IMG_4884.jpeg
    615.8 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

Ironthumb

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
I have the same looking bubbles. It's been three days and about half of them have gone away. I had mine done at a kiosk at the mall. The first time I had it put on-the next morning I went back and had it replaced. I hope the remaining bubbles/brownish spots go away. I have read in other threads that it takes a little time for it to dry out.If not I'm going to the HD or another option.

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
It took about 72 hours for mine to look really nice. I am very happy with the Zagg. I had it installed at BB and they girl that did it took her time and got about 95% of the bubble out with the squeegee. Absolutely NO impact to the response of the touch screen.

I will say this mine never looked like the pictures I am seeing. That looks like a terrible install.

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I think that all film product comes with plastic bar which you can drag & squeeze to get air out during installation. did you guys use it? otherwise, bubble will be remain for a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.